Honored Contributor

Re: Host bashing

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

@Cakers3 

Thanks. Yes I do know how to find the garment measurements , however I am not on my computer  every time I am watching. I'd most often like to hear the  length  of slacks or skirt or top.

@skatting44  @I agree.  I do not sit in front of my computer or even carry my cell phone with me everywhere.  When I see something on air, I would like the bust, hip, and length of clothes.  I am between sizes, and the measurements matter.  If that info were on air, I could decided if I am interested enough to buy it.  Whether or not the garment actually matches those measurements is another story though.

@Puppy LipsWhere are you watching from that you have no access to the internet to check details?  In less than a minute I can turn on  my laptop or PC or phone and check out details on anything!

@Pook 

There are a LOT of items with product information missing...hence all the Q&A Questions left answered on the website....I find most of the product descriptions to be a lot of sales fluff..... 

Not just talking clothes here....some important info  missing from both the on air presentation and THE WEBSITE..Take cordless vacuums....The description called it a cordless lightweight  vacuum but no mention of the actual  weight in lbs which was missing........I had to ask what the weight was--- it turned out to be 12 lbs much heavier then other models other brands that were 10lbs or LESS lbs...And this heavier vacuum was the most expensive one too....So much for the website...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pook wrote:

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@skatting44 wrote:

@Cakers3 

Thanks. Yes I do know how to find the garment measurements , however I am not on my computer  every time I am watching. I'd most often like to hear the  length  of slacks or skirt or top.

@skatting44  @I agree.  I do not sit in front of my computer or even carry my cell phone with me everywhere.  When I see something on air, I would like the bust, hip, and length of clothes.  I am between sizes, and the measurements matter.  If that info were on air, I could decided if I am interested enough to buy it.  Whether or not the garment actually matches those measurements is another story though.

@Puppy LipsWhere are you watching from that you have no access to the internet to check details?  In less than a minute I can turn on  my laptop or PC or phone and check out details on anything!

@Pook  - If my mom were alive today, she would be one that would not hop on the internet to look for details.  She would rely on what was presented on the television.  

Honored Contributor

@DewDrop wrote:

The sweet and creative fashion genius, Isaac Mizrahi, was repeatedly insulted by the host that worked with him Saturday afternoon. Her insults made me uncomfortable but Isaac handled them all with total grace. He is a true gentleman. I think the host should be dismissed for being so unkind to him.  

@DewDrop    I imagine Isaac is quite capable of taking care of himself.  He didn't make it in the cut-throat fashion biz by being a sweet, shrinking violet.  I wouldn't be surprised to learn that she and Isaac had words later. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Pook    Many people, like me, watch QVC from bed.  I don't happen to keep a computer at my bedside.... do you?  I also don't have a cell phone attached to my arm.  In fact, my cell has never been in my bedroom.  I'm guessing many people don't keep electronics in the bedroom. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@DewDrop wrote:

The sweet and creative fashion genius, Isaac Mizrahi, was repeatedly insulted by the host that worked with him Saturday afternoon. Her insults made me uncomfortable but Isaac handled them all with total grace. He is a true gentleman. I think the host should be dismissed for being so unkind to him.  

I have read here many times that Mr Mizrahi makes jokes and kids with the hosts. Should he be dismissed as well?When I think of creative fashion geniuses, he is not one of them.

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@Pook    Many people, like me, watch QVC from bed.  I don't happen to keep a computer at my bedside.... do you?  I also don't have a cell phone attached to my arm.  In fact, my cell has never been in my bedroom.  I'm guessing many people don't keep electronics in the bedroom. 

@Kachina624You are right! Why is this even a point to discuss. The reason there is a host is to give pertinent information about the item they are selling. Instead we now have a bunch of hosts that go on and on about children, husbands, homes, and vacations.

Lets be real here we all know it not desirable to go on and on like they do about children, homes etc. If in real time we had a friend that did that we would't be spending a lot of time with them.

Honored Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@Cakers3 

@skatting44   It was just a general comment not directed to you.

I don't know why I even bother sometimes.  

Sorry for the inconvenience.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@DewDrop wrote:

@DewDrop    I imagine Isaac is quite capable of taking care of himself.  He didn't make it in the cut-throat fashion biz by being a sweet, shrinking violet.  I wouldn't be surprised to learn that she and Isaac had words later. 

Who was the host @Kachina624 ?

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Pook wrote:

@Kachina624 If you have no phone or PC or Laptop, etc when you are watching from bed then how can you order???

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DewDrop wrote:

If it's the show I saw yesterday, I did not interpret their "banter" in that way at all!