Respected Contributor

Yes.  TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR!!!! 

Have him/her refer you to a dietician, if need be.  Do that BEFORE you go on any self-diet plans or programs.

Honored Contributor

Re: Help! BACK FAT

[ Edited ]

@hckynut, Welllllllll, let me tell you! LOL.

I'm going to like this.  It's something good I'm doing for me.  I can go in on line now and find the food I want to track.  I was so bad at doing this before and I guess for me, I need to track, (this helps with "portion control") I have decided too.  Oh, and since I am a Life Time member (first went when lived in Fla. back in '76).  I've done this off and on through many military moves.  

Evidentally, I am one who needs the accountablility, since being lazy is easier.  LOL.  Sure anyone can weigh at home but I like the "other people in the same boat with me".  Lot of great guys and gals at these meetings, not to mention you can find a person who I call a "leader" that is great.  We're lucky here, I have two I really like.  

So onward and upward, and yes, it's healthy.  Why pay for med's, when I can pay for healthy foods and have fun doing it.  If food is a friend (as someone said), it needs to be a good friend.  I recommend it for me.  Others can decide if it's good for them.

Adding that, once you hit goal, you can continue to go free to help in maintenance.