Super Contributor

Thanks everyone! 

Respected Contributor

Hmm, yes... the dreaded back fat... 

Prints help camouflage it. As well as wearing a little looser and nothing hugging the waist section. Also, a light weight tank and cardi of your preferred sleeve length works well too. Basically something that will hang down straighter without hugging the curves of the  back calling more attention to the issue.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

@Beautiful life Susan graver says her fashions hide back fat.I think the bes5 th8ng you can do is hit the gym and try to get some Pilates and s9me weight training.

Respected Contributor

I have a bra suggestion. I tried on a vanity fair beauty back and it improved my look significantly. I will never go back to my old bali bras. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11@I think what some people call back fat is just loose skin that happens as we age.A bra will show that extra skin as a bulge.I put my bras on and then hold the bands and straps open to allow the skin to drop rather than bulge.

Honored Contributor

I agree with those who say a good fitting bra that has a wide back that is designed to smooth that area.  And a summer weight smoothing camisole.  Spanx makes them but other companies have good ones that don't charge as much.  You should get fitted for the bra and accept that a good bra will cost $$$.  Look for tops that have a little swing in them.  I am seeing a lot of A-line tops and swing tops now.  They are in style and they won't hug you.   

Honored Contributor

@Beautiful life

You asked for suggestions so here is mine, straight to the point. If you say you are overweight, start with shedding those unwanted(I assume) pounds. Work all muscle groups surrounding those areas. Depending on your age, and number of times that skin has been stretched, losing fat and gaining visible muscle in those areas would help.

Muscle takes up more space, and if you have good skin elasticity, minus the fat, you skin should look much better in the areas that concern you. Easy? Not by a long shot, but for those that are determined and fully invested, it CAN be done?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd,

Thank you for this post. As a male, I wasn't real sure I wanted to put up my post. But as you know, I have always been a "tell it like I see it" guy. Since the OP asked for suggestions, you know me well enough that I want to get to the source, not just look to treat symptoms. Sure, unwanted weight in certain areas can help, but for me, it is a always the source.

Thanks again, I think certain areas of skin(fat, whatever that person considers it to be) on females, are problems best answered by a female, but again, you know me! 

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@qualitygal

Little drastic, no 😊?  I think I saw a thread where you said you are using WW, if so, how are things going for you?

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Super Contributor

I understand.  I struggle with back fat also. I can't wear the shaping tops as I have a distinct waist and the tops ride up.  Arg....I've found that Soma bras fit well though they do tend to slip off my narrow shoulders at times.