Contributor

Re: Have you purchased a Face Mask?

I too find it difficult to use a mask.  The molded ones that we bought months ago at Harbor Freight don't have an exhalation valve.  Is that what it's called?  Anyway, it gets very hot under there and I don't know how doctors and nurses do it for hours on end; even the regulation masks don't all have one of those exhalation valves. There was a story of one nurse saying she passed out from getting so hot under her mask. Plus the marks it leaves on their face is just heartbreaking. Such dedicated hard working men and women and what they go through! 

Regular Contributor

I have made some with my sewing machine and leftover fabric and elastic.

Trusted Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Sapphiregal wrote:

No, and don't intend to unless that is yet another thing forced on me.

@Sapphiregal, putting the mask issue aside for a moment, what exactly would have been your recommendations to the public regarding this pandemic, given that you seem to feel so put out?

@suzyQ3 

I don't think I owe you or anyone else an explanation. Everyone on these boards should be able to voice their opinions on the subject without being attacked by "snarky" comments. Perhaps I don't agree with you on some of the many posts of yours I've seen, but, until now, I haven't bothered to comment on them.

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

Husband and I already had 2 packages of N95 masks that we had purchased previously to wear while doing home improvement projects.   Plus, I purchased several cloth masks from Etsy for us.  The cloth masks are machine washable, and they have interior pockets for filters (such as coffee filters or sheets of paper towels).    Our state government has recommended that everyone wear masks when in public places, but I would have worn one anyway.  Masks and gloves - don't leave home without them.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I bought a few and a few were supplied by my office. I’m support staff for a healthcare company. We have to wear masks in the office.

I don’t wear gloves nor will I start. I’ll continue to wash my hands and use sanitizer.
Honored Contributor

We have some, but I have no idea where we got them.  They re called medical masks.  We've  had them for years, but they are wrapped in plastic. So far we haven't used them.  When I went for walks, I had on a scarf tied over my face.  I guess they work just as well. We also have disposable gloves.  Again, I have no idea when we got them.  Had them for a long time. Because I wash my hands so much (I'm out 2 seconds to see if I have mail, then I wash my hands) my skin is getting kind of raw.  So now I'll have to use neurosporum.

Trusted Contributor

@Bibione wrote:

In my country Italy it is mandatory to wear a mask outside.In my hometown someone got fined 250 for not wearing it.Also the fine for being outside without a valid certificate is about 500 dollars.

I got scammed 100 dollars from a scam website (Bouflair).They never sent me a confirmation email.

I read someone here got 100% washable masks from Los Angeles Apparel,so I ordered some from them.

I also put a coffee filter inside.

I also received masks from Los Angeles apparal and I LOVE THEM.

These secure behind the head and I prefer these for long term wearing.  I will be wearing them for a long time and I suspect I will be wearing them long after most people STOP due to age/medical issues.

I ordered a wide variey from various vendors.  So if anyone needs the masks behind he head please go to los angeles site.  THey also have a lot of colors.

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@Happiness Is Inside JOB  I looked at the LA website. Their video shows two straps for behind the head, but most photos show earloops. 

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

Just saw the easiest mask ever!  It's made from a sock; less than five minutes!  Google it.

Trusted Contributor

@esmerelda wrote:

@Happiness Is Inside JOB  I looked at the LA website. Their video shows two straps for behind the head, but most photos show earloops. 

I received a set today and I put them on again...just to clarify.

I think you can wear the mask horizontal or vertical.  

Vertical would be the normal way behind the ears.

Horizontal is how i am wearing it .

The mask has two straps.

I have the top strap about an inch above my ears going around the back of my head.

I have the bottom strap behind neck 

Happiness is ALWAYS an inside job,
Don't assign anyone else that much POWER
in your life!!!