Honored Contributor

Have you ever had a music box, or jewelry box with a little ballerina in it?That danced?

Some music just came on and it made me think about the old jewelry boxes with the dancing ballerina in the top part in front of a little mirror. I didn't have one, but thought they were neat.

Did you have one?

Valued Contributor

Re: Have you ever had a music box, or jewelry box with a little ballerina in it?That danced?

Yes, I had the ballerina jewelry box when I was 6 or 7.  Santa brought it, but the funny thing was, he never brought jewelry!  I kept all of my best things in it however - rocks, leaves, bottle caps, baseball cards, you know - groovy stuff like that . . .

Honored Contributor

Re: Have you ever had a music box, or jewelry box with a little ballerina in it?That danced?

I had one that played "Where Do I Begin?"  from "Love Story".

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

I had one that played "Where Do I Begin?"  from "Love Story".

I believe mine played the same thing.

Honored Contributor

Yes my mother gave me one that played "Oh what a Beautiful Morning"~ a song my grandmother would sing and I still doSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Occasional Contributor

I had one in the 1950's that played "Home on the Range."  I thought that

tune was strange with a pink ballerina.

Contributor

Not a ballerina but I love Paris so I received a box that plays "I Love Paris" with Madeleine dancing from my DGD a few years ago.  Love it. 

Regular Contributor

Yes I did. I think it played Somewhere My Love from Dr. Zhivago.

Respected Contributor

Yes! I had the jewelry box that was pink inside with the ballerina and mirror, and it played the anniversary song (oh how we danced on the night we were wed) and can remember clearly, the smell that it had when you opened it....not bad, but very distinct.

Honored Contributor

Yup I did.  It was white with tiny pastel flowers.  On the inside it was lined with a pink satin material.  Came with twirling ballerina and mirror and the theme from Dr. Shivago.

Where have you gone, Joe DiMaggio? A nation turns its lonely eyes to you.... ~ S & G