Honored Contributor

Re: Harry and Meghan Sussex sue Daily Mail UK

Harry's behavior over the years make it seem he craves attention and the more controversial, the better. Could he have married anyone more inappropriate.

Esteemed Contributor

More inappropriate? Sure. Madonna. CHER. Britney Spears. Lady Gaga. Any available Jenner or Kardashian.

What a ridiculous comment.
Esteemed Contributor

@goldensrbest wrote:

As far as the royal family being spoiled,i would think all are ,they live a privage life,money is no worry ,live in castles,and homes we only dream of.Get anything they want.

Much like a plethora of U.S. entertainers, athletes, businessmen/women, etc.

The more I learn the more I realize how little I know.
Are you setting an example or being an example?
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain 

The Vincent Vendetta: YouTube Channel. Ha! Check out the video uploaded Oct 2nd "Prince Harry: What a Royal Moron. Brilliant. 😁

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

The letter in question was not initially shared by MM's father.

Five of her closest friends brought it to the public's attention in an article in People magazine WAY before Mr. Markle said a thing.

The friends alluded to the entire alienation and estrangement being Mr. Markle's fault, and that MM's letter was a reaction to that. Mr. Markle had not uttered a word at that point.

Mr. Markle then shared the letter in his own defense, to prove that he was not entirely at fault for the rift since he had been misrepresented in by her friends in People. Mr. Markle did not care for being publicly misaligned, and he reacted.

It is up for debate whether a letter someone writes is the intellectual property of the writer or the property of the intended receiver. Most feel that it was Mr. Markle's letter to publicize or keep private by his own choice, once he received it in the mail. I am not a lawyer and I don't know the answer to that..

Please don't pounce; I'm just trying to add some info to the discussion and not taking sides. Rest assured that I am not a royal expert, but I DO think t is important to be informed before forming an opinion.

There are those that believe MM put her friends up to the People article. Otherwise, the idea of said friends even knowing about the existence of the letter would be without explanation. Without her explicit permission, to reveal the letter and its contents in an unapproved interview would have been unusual, unwelcome, and not advisable by the Royal Family's advisors, as is usually required. If the five friends spoke out of turn, a lawsuit would have occurred after the article was published in People, against the magazine and the 5 friends.

The letter was publicly discussed n the People article by MM's friends WAY, WAY before her father released its contents.

Esteemed Contributor

@AussieLuvr wrote:

The letter in question was not initially shared by MM's father.

Five of her closest friends brought it to the public's attention in an article in People magazine WAY before Mr. Markle said a thing.

The friends alluded to the entire alienation and estrangement being Mr. Markle's fault, and that MM's letter was a reaction to that. Mr. Markle had not uttered a word at that point.

Mr. Markle then shared the letter in his own defense, to prove that he was not entirely at fault for the rift since he had been misrepresented in by her friends in People. Mr. Markle did not care for being publicly misaligned, and he reacted.

It is up for debate whether a letter someone writes is the intellectual property of the writer or the property of the intended receiver. Most feel that it was Mr. Markle's letter to publicize or keep private by his own choice, once he received it in the mail. I am not a lawyer and I don't know the answer to that..

Please don't pounce; I'm just trying to add some info to the discussion and not taking sides. Rest assured that I am not a royal expert, but I DO think t is important to be informed before forming an opinion.

There are those that believe MM put her friends up to the People article. Otherwise, the idea of them even knowing about the existence of the letter would be without explanation. Without her explicit permission to reveal the letter and its contents in a pre-approved interview would have been unusual, unwelcome, and not cleared by the Royal Family's advisors and a lawsuit would have occurred after the article was published in People, against the magazine and the 5 friends.

The article was publicly discussed n People by MM's friends WAY, WAY before her father released its contents.

@AussieLuvr @Thank you for clearing that up. I thought Thomas Markle received the letter and then handed it. I didn’t know the back story.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@AussieLuvr 

i had posted a link to the daily mail article.

you have described the situation well.

much of what you said is also mentioned in that article.

not sure if anyone took the time to read it all......it is quite long.

The article painted Meghan in a glowing light, while insisting the negative stories about her were lies. But Mr Markle says Meghan’s decision to reveal the private letter in the pages of the magazine left him with no choice but to go public: ‘The letter was presented in a way that vilified me and wasn’t true,’ he said last night. ‘It was presented as her reaching out and writing a loving letter in the hope of healing the rift, but the letter isn’t like that at all. Meghan can’t have it both ways. She can’t use the press to get her message across but hang me out to dry. I have the right to defend myself.’

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

@sunshine45 

Thanks! It was a long post and I'm glad I didn't get any details mixed up, lol.

I've been following this, along with the other articles on MM and Prince Harry, for quite a while now.

The latest lawsuit from Prince Harry is accusing certain newspapers of illegally gaining access to his voicemails. Curious, because this purportedly occurred years ago and he is suing now!

I believe it was 2011 when Harry, William, and Kate sued the British tabloid press for the same thing. I don't know if they were successful in winning or not, but it was quite a bruhaha in England at the time.

While it is certainly an invasion of privacy and illegal, if it occurred, the timing is odd. Many believe that it is to prevent people from thinking MM and Harry employed a "ready, shoot, aim" approach with the letter lawsuit becoming public on the Sunday, the day they left South Africa after a positively-reported, 10-day trip.

Honored Contributor

No matter how you feel about the Royals I would never take someone in a mask, that spoke such hateful words , and made such lurid insults about Harry and Meghan's genders, seriously.. Cowards and liars have to hide their faces

It is one thing not to like someone, and something entirely different ,to cast vile rumors about their sexuality. If it was meant to be funny, I wasn't laughing

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it attacks other posters