Honored Contributor

Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUEEN ELIZABETH

[ Edited ]

@Bri369 wrote:

Whatever Harry and Meghan gave to the Queen on her birthday was, I'm sure, accepted wholeheartedly and graciously by the Queen.  

None of the biddies here know what goes on in private amongst the families.  All this speculation is in such poor taste.  I'm sure the Queen wouldn't give them the time of day for speaking about her family like that.

@Bri369  So today you have called fellow posters biddies and sour pusses. More resorting to name calling.  IMO that reflects more on you than anyone else here. 

Honored Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

I'm sorry all the flowers in the world are meaningless when your grandson who you have not seen in over a year could have stayed an extra day to spend time with you on your birthday especially since losing your husband and being 95 years of age.  It might be the very last birthday you have with her.  Bloody awful!!!!!!!!

@Somertime I doubt Harry is that big of a deal in the course of her life.  She has dealt with a lot worse than him.  

She is a survivor, a realist and a person of great courage and character. She's not going to let that ruin her day no doubt!  I'm sure she wishes it were otherwise, but she has bigger fish to fry than Harry. 

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

Maybe she’s hard to shop for.  Flowers seem impersonal.

What would you buy an older woman like the queen?  Most of my elderly relatives did not want any presents or anymore useless stuff.  Flowers and a handmade card are exactly what I received for my recent birthday and I still have it all on display.

@tansy  I agree with what you said about most elderly people. However, it's not like the Queen needs to downsize!😂  I'm sure she can find a place for a few more tzotchkes! 😂

Honored Contributor

I don't know about Harry's speedy return but I do believe that William was deeply hurt by the interview with Oprah. What was discussed should have been done with family, not the world. I find it very sad that they chose to do such a thing, and while his grandfather was dying.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@Snoopp wrote:

Maybe she’s hard to shop for.  Flowers seem impersonal.

What would you buy an older woman like the queen?  Most of my elderly relatives did not want any presents or anymore useless stuff.  Flowers and a handmade card are exactly what I received for my recent birthday and I still have it all on display.

@tansy  I agree with what you said about most elderly people. However, it's not like the Queen needs to downsize!😂  I'm sure she can find a place for a few more tzotchkes! 😂

@Pearlee I would buy her something nice to go in that handbag!  A little hankie, a pocket mirror, a little makeup case, or a nice pen.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner. You reminded me of something I think she'd just love....something about Philip or them together. She'd treasure that. You reminded me because she supposedly had a photo of the  two of them on their honeymoon, and a hankie of Philip's in her handbag at the funeral.

👍

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Somertime wrote:

I'm sorry all the flowers in the world are meaningless when your grandson who you have not seen in over a year could have stayed an extra day to spend time with you on your birthday especially since losing your husband and being 95 years of age.  It might be the very last birthday you have with her.  Bloody awful!!!!!!!!

@Somertime I doubt Harry is that big of a deal in the course of her life.  She has dealt with a lot worse than him.  

She is a survivor, a realist and a person of great courage and character. She's not going to let that ruin her day no doubt!  I'm sure she wishes it were otherwise, but she has bigger fish to fry than Harry. 

@Sooner  I suspect you're right especially given the many challenges she's faced in her life and the extensive family in England who support her.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

I don't know if she'll see your greeting here, but thanks for letting us know!

@ValuSkr  I don't expect her to but, unlike so many others on this board, I try to make my thread title reflect what the thread is about.

@Pearlee   Your thread title should have been "Yet More SPECULATION, Mostly Negative, About H & M" since that is what the majority of this thread is about.

If it was a birthday wish for the queen you would have omitted

"Harry didn't stick around for her b-day and is back in CA."

@Mersha wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@ValuSkr  I don't expect her to but, unlike so many others on this board, I try to make my thread title reflect what the thread is about.

@Pearlee   Your thread title should have been "Yet More SPECULATION, Mostly Negative, About H & M" since that is what the majority of this thread is about.

@Mersha wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

@Mersha What else would we do on a discussion board? We can wish the Queen a Happy Birthday and discuss Harry. As for speculation we all speculate on this board. 

Respected Contributor

@manny2   You are missing the point of my post.

It was written in response to a thread title.  See below.

The majority of this thread is about H & M so the title is misleading to the reader.

@Pearley wrote:

@ValuSkr wrote:

"Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, sometimes it rains." Ebby Calvin LaLoosh
Respected Contributor

Wishing a Happy Birthday to Her Majesty and many more to come!  As far as H&M go, Harry had already been gone over a week.  We don't know Meghan's due date or whether she is at high risk for preterm delivery because of her miscarriage or some other condition.  I'm sure that the Queen supported Harry's decision.