Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21   LOL  I've seen "Marty" at Giant in PA, a sister company of Stop & Shop..  Ours has big googly eyes, and was being used as yours - to alert management to hazards on the floor.  I read someplace that it might be programmed to do other things, like check shelf price tags to be sure they aren't outdated or incorrect.

Seems like they could have designed Marty to look less industrial.  On the other hand, if it was too lifelike, some folks could be frightened.

Honored Contributor

@ValuSkr  It's a Stop and Shop. It had the eyes, they're on the other side.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

It doesn’t take sick days, ask for raises, or time-and-a-half for overtime.  It doesn’t have to leave early when one of the kids gets sick.  It doesn’t need health insurance or a 401K plan.  It doesn’t go on strike when it doesn’t get any of the above, either.

I'm guessing that there are probably expenses incurred when maintenance/reprogramming is necessary.

Respected Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@ValuSkr  It's a Stop and Shop. It had the eyes, they're on the other side.

Were the eyes green??  Smiley Very Happy

Laura loves cats!
Esteemed Contributor

I have 2 Giant stores in my area. One is big and clean and the other not so much.

I will keep my eye and cart out for it.

Wonder if it will have its own Instagram page?

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

It doesn’t take sick days, ask for raises, or time-and-a-half for overtime.  It doesn’t have to leave early when one of the kids gets sick.  It doesn’t need health insurance or a 401K plan.  It doesn’t go on strike when it doesn’t get any of the above, either.

I'm guessing that there are probably expenses incurred when maintenance/reprogramming is necessary.

@deepwaterdotter 

Of course!  But I imagine those are less than hiring a human employee. Or however many humans one of these will replace.   

Esteemed Contributor

Have one here in my town in Ct at Stop & Shop. It has the googly eyes like someone else mentioned.

Trusted Contributor

I LOVE IT!

Just the idea makes me smile. 

Honored Contributor

All of our Giant stores have these robots in them.  They have been around for months.  Personally, I don't partially like them.  They are annoying.

Honored Contributor

Seems kind of funny now....but the future will be many more of these robots  taking over the human tasks.  They will still need humans.....but not as many.