Honored Contributor

@threecees wrote:

It takes up alot of space @Greeneyedlady21 

Wait until people start accidently plowing their carts into it.

Better move the butterfingers too!Smiley Wink

@threecees 

No need to move the Butterfingers since they changed the formula. I won't be buying anymore.

I wondered why the last one I ate tasted off. I have seen a commercial several times about the new change. 

YUCK!!! LOL!!!!

Respected Contributor

@ValuSkr ~  So, what's with PA, and Robots named "Marty?"

Our Giant has a Marty, too.  Smiley Surprised

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

Yup, Stop & Shop.  I said "Hi!" to one of them and it started to follow me around.  Maybe I accidentally activated something !!!

Honored Contributor

@Mistic   Aren't they great?  I read in an article they're named Marty.  But I wonder if anyone's bothered to tell store personnel.  For better or worse, they probably have their own names for the device.  It's like a Roomba that calls someone else to clean up the messes.

Esteemed Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

@threecees wrote:

It takes up alot of space @Greeneyedlady21 

Wait until people start accidently plowing their carts into it.

Better move the butterfingers too!Smiley Wink

@threecees 

No need to move the Butterfingers since they changed the formula. I won't be buying anymore.

I wondered why the last one I ate tasted off. I have seen a commercial several times about the new change. 

YUCK!!! LOL!!!!

@Nightowlz 

I haven't eaten a Butterfinger in years. I try to stay away from alot of candy but don't put any plain M&M's in front of me. Why do companies have to go and change things!

Contributor

Stop and Shop in ct. these robots cost $250,000 each and canbe programmed to do anything including watching for shoplifters as it will stop in front of your carriage and scan what you have there so when you go to checkout if something is missing the cashier will be notified. it's a way to save money as employess at stop and shop are in negotations for a new contract where stop and shop is trying to decrease health care insurance, take away premium pay for sundays and do away with human cashiers and installing self serve check outs.the robot is looking for spills and breakage but has no arms to be able to clean up the spill.LOL

Honored Contributor

I used to like Butterfinger but I think the brand languished in the near 30 years it was owned by Nestle.  In March 2018, it was purchased by Italian chocolatier Ferrero SpA.  Hopefully this leads to a revival of the brand, though I wonder why Ferrero thought a recipe change was necessary.  From Wikipedia:

"In early 2019, "Fun Size" Butterfinger began to display "Improved Recipe" on its packaging. A comparison of listed ingredients between the current and former products shows that molasses is no longer used, and that sodium content has increased 20 percent. The candy no longer has a caramelized molasses flavor, but instead has a discernable salty flavor and salty after-taste. "Better" Butterfinger, as it's identified in advertising, uses a larger peanut in its core and more cocoa and milk in its chocolate coating, without the formerly used hydrogenated oils and using a double-layered wrapper instead of the TBHQ preservative."

Respected Contributor

It would probably come up to me and tell me to put my cookies back.😂

Honored Contributor

@duffy2 I figured it was "spying" on people, no way they spend money on something like that just for cleanups.

They have cameras all over that store so I don't know why that's necessary. I guess so they don't have to pay people to watch the cameras.

This Stop and Shop has a bank in it so maybe the robot is keeping an eye on that too. The bank has been robbed several times. Then they hired a security guard for the bank, that appears to be gone.

I knew Stop and Shop was having union issues because they were trying to cut things.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Haven't seen him at my stores but read walmart will be getting him soon. I thought he goes up & down isles looking for empty shelves that need restocking. Wonder if he talks, that would scare me to death and the little ones too. I'm still afraid of Santa.