Honored Contributor

Now I've seen everything. Saw it today in the store I shop in most often. All it did was go up and down the aisles saying "cleanup needed in aisle _". The employees were laughing and talking about it. The littlest piece of anything on the floor triggers it.

I did see it call for a cleanup of a lollipop still in a wrapper that was on the floor.

I wonder how much that thing costs. Wouldn't it be just as efficient to have employees take care of noticing cleanups and doing them? Oh well. I wonder what else it can do, if anything.  It's an entertaining novelty that probably becomes so annoying for employees.

20190326_132400.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

If someone attached a device that could pick things up, the robot could perform the "clean-up" duties itself. 

Honored Contributor

Wow, I would find that a little off-putting and you’re right, I can’t imagine this is cheap. I’m not seeing the utility of this. 

Esteemed Contributor

It takes up alot of space @Greeneyedlady21 

Wait until people start accidently plowing their carts into it.

Better move the butterfingers too!Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

OMGosh....wait till it triggers a human that needs to be cleaned up......LOL

And wait till it runs into someone and possibly get injured.  Then what???

Honored Contributor

@threecees I was tempted to plow my cart into it on purpose just to see what happened😁

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

It doesn’t take sick days, ask for raises, or time-and-a-half for overtime.  It doesn’t have to leave early when one of the kids gets sick.  It doesn’t need health insurance or a 401K plan.  It doesn’t go on strike when it doesn’t get any of the above, either.

Respected Contributor

How annoying that must be on a busy shopping day.  I shop on Saturdays and Sundays because of my work hours.  That thing would get knocked down in a second.   People trying to get in and out of the store and up and down isles with that machine in the way. 

Honored Contributor

sign of the times???   people are being replaced by automation many ways and even in the few years I expect to live, I think we'll see more and more of this kind of thing.

At least the robot doesn't stop to make phone calls, text, etc. while it's supposed to be "working."

Honored Contributor

Would love to know where this store is and the name of it.