Trusted Contributor

Re: Grocery Shopping Is Getting Harder

@hckynut wrote:

@RealtyGal2 wrote:

I do not think the current powers are capable of such a common sense approach. The greater concern seems to be to appear on stage with daily updates and mixed messages in hopes of receiving praise for a job well done. Late to the party and more concerned with personal admiration than the people.Smiley Sad

@RealtyGal2 

I DVR those press conferences every day, and watch them from start to finish, even skip back to some things to hear them again. Everyone, as I've said in other similar posts, interpret things differently.

What you have said in this post is 180° different than what I interpret from every one of these conferences. I could say much more!

hckynut(john)

You are entitled to your opinion as I am entitled to mine. I find it useful to listen to the opinions on CNN as well as FOX so I get opinions from both sides. I am sure you must be doing the same.Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

I went to Meijer last week and found the stock to be ok. There was nothing I needed that I couldn’t either find or find an acceptable substitute. They even had toilet paper, paper towels, and hand soap. I placed an Instacart order yesterday for some fill in items and it arrived within a few hours. Only one item was out of stock.

It’s a week wait to do pick up at Kroger. I have my order in for 10 days from now. Yes, there is bag of chips in my order.

I can appreciate my experience isn’t the same as everyone else’s. A few weeks ago, our stores were bare and it is improving.
Respected Contributor

Thank goodness stores are still open and operating. I for one, am grateful to those willing to work in these conditions!  I thank them every time when I have to go in.

For some temporary inconvenience we may encounter and  I realize it varies in communities, I appreciate I can still  get out and shop. It could be worse and no shopping allowed and all stores closed. I suppose that thought caused alot of hoarding as well?

Honored Contributor

I don't know where these delivery trucks are delivering their goods, but not anywhere near me, the shelves are bare wherever I go. My sister, who hasn't gone to a grocery store in nearly a month ( she has used Instacart), gave me the bright idea to go to Trader Joe's! Now the TJ's near me is a nightmare normally, there is NO WAY I will attempt shopping there now!

Super Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I don't know where these delivery trucks are delivering their goods, but not anywhere near me, the shelves are bare wherever I go. My sister, who hasn't gone to a grocery store in nearly a month ( she has used Instacart), gave me the bright idea to go to Trader Joe's! Now the TJ's near me is a nightmare normally, there is NO WAY I will attempt shopping there now!

Can you not network with friends, family, neighbors, co-workers in your general vicinity to learn the best places to go?  As well as what times of day otbers have experienced less shoppers at various stores. Doing so, preparing and armed with a plan is what I have done, friends snd family.  We all share information.  This is just where we are at right now.   No matter where you live.  If you want certain items, as positive of an experience possible,  you have to do the prep work. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   I won't attempt my Whole Foods either.  I am going to try my local Publix for some of the items I usually get there.  Hopefully they'll be better stocked than my usual haunt this week.    

Honored Contributor

I forgot to mention, the cashiers where I shop will not touch your reusable bags, so you must pack your own groceries. I can understand not wanting to touch them, anyway I have always packed most of my groceries anyway.

Respected Contributor

@RealtyGal2 @hckynut We are the watchmen of our minds.  It is up to each of us to seek out the truth.  Embracing fantasy will do none of us, let alone all of us, any good.  I am saying this knowing that those of us who think we can go backward never wanted to go full steam Little House on the Prairie.

Now back to shopping for dried foodstuffs.

Valued Contributor

@Jordan2 

i don't know if this will help, but recently i read an article that said that some restaurant food suppliers in nyc are now selling directly to customers. and they ship. and if i'm not mistaken, they have fresh foods also. i wasn't thinking at the time, so i didn't write the company names down.

Honored Contributor

It's probably just as well that grocery shopping is getting harder - then people will go less often.  At least that's the way it works for me.  I'll have a thought to go to the market, then I'll think of the preparation, the trip, and the return home with sanitizing everything.  And I'll decide it's not worth the bother.