Honored Contributor

Re: Grocery Shopping Is Getting Harder

@VanSleepy wrote:

No, delivery service is not easy.  I just looked at three different stores in my area.  They all showed 3-4 weeks out, and none had any time slots available for either pick up or delivery.  I also have a cart full of stuff at Amazon Fresh, and have been checking the site about every hour waiting for a date to open up.  I think it goes to May 4 right now.

@VanSleepy   See if there is an Instacard service in your are, delivery same day, or whenever.

Respected Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I placed an order almost three weeks ago for delivery next week, as that was the soonest date available. I can add to or delete items from the order for a few more days but the sad reality is that I go to the store's website and virtually everything I want to add is 'out of stock', as is virtually everything on the site, whether I'd want it or not. This is utterly ridiculous and it has to be addressed. Really, something's got to give. We've been into this now for weeks and these ongoing and seemingly worsening availability issues are frightening. They can't go on for freaking ever, or at least one hopes. It seems they're not getting better and it also appears not much is being done about it...

@stevieb 

Of course Dr. Bix's comments encouraging people to get a two week grocery supply didnt help matters, and perhaps families were stocking up and buying extra due to the Easter Holiday.   I think that's why our city made the news as 10,000 people showed up at the Food Bank trying to get a box of food and I bet some of it is because they got tired of going to the store only to find that shelves were bare ............................

Now that the holiday is over I'm keeping my fingers crossed things will improve.....I noticed earlier slots were opening up now....Hopefully things will get better.  Several friends that decided to shop in-store this week said the inventory had improved in several stores....why they even had paper towels, toilet paper, and eggs....the only things they were still out of was Lysol products and Clorax wipes...But I know things are different in different locations throughout our country....

Give it a couple days and keep going back to the Instacart App to see if things are now in stock....(but wait until after Monday, which has always been a difficult day to find available items in the store).....HANG IN THERE!!  Hopefully things will get better in your area.....

But if things get worse and dont get better....then SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE needs to take some serious action!!!  Eating is NOT an optional activity....virus or no virus! Woman Mad

P.S. O/T Why does Dr. Birx always wear a scarf????

maybe when she goes out she folds it over her mouth and nose and ties it in back for a mask

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I placed an order almost three weeks ago for delivery next week, as that was the soonest date available. I can add to or delete items from the order for a few more days but the sad reality is that I go to the store's website and virtually everything I want to add is 'out of stock', as is virtually everything on the site, whether I'd want it or not. This is utterly ridiculous and it has to be addressed. Really, something's got to give. We've been into this now for weeks and these ongoing and seemingly worsening availability issues are frightening. They can't go on for freaking ever, or at least one hopes. It seems they're not getting better and it also appears not much is being done about it...

@stevieb 

Of course Dr. Bix's comments encouraging people to get a two week grocery supply didnt help matters, and perhaps families were stocking up and buying extra due to the Easter Holiday.   I think that's why our city made the news as 10,000 people showed up at the Food Bank trying to get a box of food and I bet some of it is because they got tired of going to the store only to find that shelves were bare ............................

Now that the holiday is over I'm keeping my fingers crossed things will improve.....I noticed earlier slots were opening up now....Hopefully things will get better.  Several friends that decided to shop in-store this week said the inventory had improved in several stores....why they even had paper towels, toilet paper, and eggs....the only things they were still out of was Lysol products and Clorax wipes...But I know things are different in different locations throughout our country....

Give it a couple days and keep going back to the Instacart App to see if things are now in stock....(but wait until after Monday, which has always been a difficult day to find available items in the store).....HANG IN THERE!!  Hopefully things will get better in your area.....

But if things get worse and dont get better....then SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE needs to take some serious action!!!  Eating is NOT an optional activity....virus or no virus! Woman Mad

P.S. O/T Why does Dr. Birx always wear a scarf????

I don't know whether that was a factor. I wish I could have bought for two weeks, especially when I was braving going to the market. But we eat a lot of fresh produce and some other items that just don't fare well for too long.

@suzyQ3 

You are so right....some products like fresh fruit and veggies dont fare well for too long....and when a reporter asked Drl Birx to clarify her statement, then Dr. Birx did a 360 and changed what she originally said to ---"just let one member of the family go shopping"....but I think the damage had been done and some people panicked....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”