Respected Contributor

Re: Golden Globe nominations

[ Edited ]

many in showbusiness are very active in the community and care about firefighters, police, military.  They hold concerts, fundraisers and so on.  There are many active around the world, promoting awareness and helping (and they get critizied for that here as well...)

Jon Stewart was just at DC the other day with the 9/11 firefighters.  

Entertainment is important. No one is worshiping them - this is something their industry does for them.   I don't understand the angst over that.   And people love entertainment  - it is something that humans have loved for thousands of years.

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Respected Contributor

@esmeraldagooch wrote:

@shoekitty wrote:

@italia8140

Ya think?  Why in the heck would they give an award to a movie not even released yet?  Shows me that things might be rigged?  Geesh!

So you select who can vote and think the outcome will be fair?  Wouldn't it be great if the ratings for the show or movie's attendance numbers would factor in who wins?

The Golden Globes are awarded by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association -- of course they should be allowed to choose who wins their own award. (And, no, I don't think attendance numbers should factor in unless that's what is being rewarded.)

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

I never understand why people are so interested in movie stars. They couldn't care less about us! Some people just live to read everything about them, try to emulate their hair and makeup and clothes. I just don't get it. I could not care less who they chose to give awards to each other. Why don't they give awards to the real heros in this world instead of the ones who pretend for a living? Those awards should go to fire man and policeman and doctors who go to poor countries to help people there on their own dime.Not to even mention our Military.

I think it's great when the "Heroes" awards are telecast on CNN.  They recognize non-celebrity-type folks who are contributing to the betterment of mankind, their communities, and the world.