Honored Contributor

Giving it another try today

[ Edited ]

Going to give one of my loves and passions another try this afternoon. That is to say I am going ice skating again. Some may recall my adventure last February-March, that eventually did not turn out the best.

Fell and broke a Right side rib, which still is tender in certain positions. I have spent many weeks in Physical Therapy working on athletic type balance improvements, and devoted hours and hours at home working on improving these things.

These do not necessarily translate into ice skating. I am not looking to skate like the hockey referee I was for over 30+ years. I just want to be able to feel comfortable and stable doing one of the things I always loved since I was about 5-6 years old.

Will find out soon and as always, Optimism is and always has been one of my best friends. Here's hoping!

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

Re: Giving it another try today

@hckynut

If you're doing it anyway, be cautious, be safe, go slow, hold on, and have fun!

Esteemed Contributor

Sounds like fun, but be careful!  I love your determination to keep trying despite obstacles!  ❤️

Let us know how it goes!

Honored Contributor

Good Luck and have fun @hckynut!  Please be careful.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Honored Contributor

Stay safe, JohnHeart!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

You're so smart to work on your balance. They're usually muscles we don't use enough and get weak.

Get real comfortable and slow at first with it, John. And have a wonderful time! There's no need to act old!

Honored Contributor

Oh my!

The mom in me can only say be careful.

Valued Contributor

@hckynut  I wish I could be as brave as you are. I desperately want to go ice skating. I grew up in western New York, and spent a lot of time on the ice, either in rinks or on frozen ponds.  I haven't skated in 40 years.  I hope you have a fun and safe time!

“The price of light is less than the cost of darkness.”
– Arthur C. Nielsen
Esteemed Contributor

Be sure to let us know how it goes!

Honored Contributor

Be careful, have fun,

Image result for good luck animated images