Esteemed Contributor

I wouldn't have done that but hope its ok for you. My hair is the last thing on my mind. I had really short hair, now its just a short bob. I trimmed my bangs a week ago (only becauase they were over my glasses lol). I color the grays out of my hair myself and i have the hair coloring (2 of them) but haven't done them because where am I going? lol.. I did cut my husbands hair because his was getting real long and he has thick curls. I actually did it better than our stylist. lol. (who knew?) So I may be doing his from now on. 

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Valued Contributor

@kivah , because those people are not touching you or near you for the length of time it took your hairdresser to wash, cut and blow dry your hair.  How can you compare that to a liquor store or any store?

Esteemed Contributor

@RoughDraft wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

You're braver than I.  Glad you like your cut.  

How come we're allowed to shop in big box stores; go to the bank, etc.???? I heard on the news that u could shop for alcohol and lottery tickets (the state loves to make money).

I also stopped at the credit union - at the tellers window. 

In big box stores, patrons can and should practice distancing and wear masks.  In our state most banking is done at drive through windows and only a handful of liquor stores are open for pick up or on line ordering only.

Yes, none of this is comparable to getting a haircut.  With a haircut, social distancing is impossible - The stylist has to come right up close to your face for an extended period of time, and it includes touching.  Way too risky, very ill-advised, and blatantly against social-distancing regulations,

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah wrote:

I just heard from a friend that Chris Cuomo (from CNN) and his wife were walking the streets. He's recovering from the Virus - and his wife has the virus. What's Up???? All the marijuana dispensaries are open - but u can't mow ur lawn - What'sw Up????

They were on their own property.  (He lives not far from me, and I know exactly where this was.)

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@homedecor1 wrote:

My nail tech called me today to let me know "she did housecalls" if I wanted to schedule a appointment.

ahhhh nope!!!  She sounded like she was surprised because she's been doing it through the shutdown.

Apparently, she has been informed the salons and nail places will not open for another few weeks.

Interesting...

I guess she likes to eat and pay her bills.

And endanger others.  And lose her license.

Respected Contributor

It's a done deal so ENJOY your haircut @kivah. I'm looking forward to getting a cut & color when my State opens but drove by the salon I go to last week & saw a For Lease sign in the window...another small business out of business.

Honored Contributor

Everyone needs to do what works under their specific circumstances; not all of us are in heavily affected areas.   Our hospital has diagnosed one case and treated the person as an outpatient.   

WV has a population of approximately 1.8 million people, and today we were still under 1000 cases statewide.   Our hot spots are northern counties with heavy traffic into DC, MD, PA, KY and VA.   

We are nowhere near our peak; our Governor says schools will remain closed thru the end of the school year, and hopefully we will continue stay at home orders well into May.   Hospitals will be able to resume some surgeries as of the 28th.   Nothing else has been opened to my knowledge.   

Looks like my hair will grow for another month, but I have my color ingredients from Sally’s, for a do it myself job.   

Respected Contributor

@kivah   What state do you live in?

In Ohio, all non-essential businesses are closed.  My hairdresser also is self-employed and has her own shop.  Evidently, several customers were asking her if she could cut their hair either in her home or theirs.  She sent out an email blast to all of her customers saying even though she misses all of us, she will lose her license to cut hair if she doesn't follow the shelter at home order. 

Honored Contributor

I'm not going to lie, if I knew someone I would have had mine cut weeks ago.

Respected Contributor

Re: Getting a Haircut

[ Edited ]

@kivah wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

You're braver than I.  Glad you like your cut.  

How come we're allowed to shop in big box stores; go to the bank, etc.???? I heard on the news that u could shop for alcohol and lottery tickets (the state loves to make money).

@kivah

For starters, most states mandate masks and, at least, 6 feet distancing, away from one another.  Even if you and your hairdresser wear masks, does she have 6 foot arms?  As far as the sale of alcohol, there are many alcoholics (many of whom live at home and not on the streets) , who if they didn't get alcohol, would fill the hospitals with withdrawal symptoms..something the hospitals don't need right now with battling the virus.  Another reason, some states are not allowed to sell alcohol and those that are alcoholic would try and cross state lines to purchase it.  Again, something we don't need right now to add to the spread of the virus. 

Everyone is responsible for their own actions!  If it doesn't bother you or your hairdresser to risk getting the virus or spreading it, that's on you and her!  If your hairdresser is illegally taking customers she could have her license revoked and should!     

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!