Esteemed Contributor

@kivah wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@NYC Susan wrote:

@kivah wrote:

I just heard from a friend that Chris Cuomo (from CNN) and his wife were walking the streets. He's recovering from the Virus - and his wife has the virus. What's Up???? All the marijuana dispensaries are open - but u can't mow ur lawn - What'sw Up????

They were on their own property.  (He lives not far from me, and I know exactly where this was.)

I heard on the news that a father was playing catch with his son in front of their house - and he got ticketed. I see that Chris Cuomo is a JERK.

I just read that their teen-age son Mario has the CoronaVirus. Guess they took a walk too soon - like most people knew. The parents should be arrested.

Again, they were on their own property.  You have no idea what you're talking about, or how Covid is transmitted.

Deflecting your own situation by bashing Chris Cuomo isn't fooling anyone.  

Esteemed Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@kivah wrote:

@ciao_bella wrote:

You're braver than I.  Glad you like your cut.  

How come we're allowed to shop in big box stores; go to the bank, etc.???? I heard on the news that u could shop for alcohol and lottery tickets (the state loves to make money).

I also stopped at the credit union - at the tellers window. 

Now this is what I don't understand. Why are liquor stores deemed essential businesses but not hair salons?

Because people can be far apart in liquor stores just as they can be at other stores.  Everything that happens in a hair salon (wash, cut, blow dry, color) involves close contact.  Liquor stores and hair salons are not at all comparable.

Liquor stores are also open because if alcohol wasn't available to alcoholics, hospitals would be dealing with patients going thru withdrawal, and we want to not jam hospitals up any further.   It makes perfect sense to me that hair salons would not be considered essential during a pandemic, and liquor stores would be allowed to remain open.