Respected Contributor

Gov't is releasing from strategic reserves to help out. a million barrels. will help a little bit,  but obviously Mother Nature has interrupted refining process, therefore supply..  we've lived through this before!

Honored Contributor

@LTT1 wrote:

@jaxs mom@sidsmom@homedecor1@noodleann@Poodlepet2

DH was out and got gas earlier. He went to 4 stations (out of gas). The fifth one he tried had gas and he bought at .15 higher than expected.

No lines herecat that time (10:30 am)

We are in the Southwest area of the DFW metroplex.

i'm not in a major metro area. Gas is up 6 cents which is well within the normal fluctuation. It was 2.01 today. I'm wondering if some of the lines in DFW are due to people that are stopping there on the way in or out of South Texas? I'm thinking possibly people that evacuated and went to stay with family in DFW? Also it is the Thursday before Labor Day weekend. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Valued Contributor

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

yes, we have gas pipelines in my neck of the woods....they are really nice green belts where people walk their dogs.

@SeaMaiden  I believe she means cars lined up to get gas at gas stations.

@Cakers3😄😄😄😄😄😅😂🤣I really read it wrong!

@SeaMaiden

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

yes, we have gas pipelines in my neck of the woods....they are really nice green belts where people walk their dogs.

@SeaMaiden

@Cakers3 @SeaMaiden,  u guys made me laugh out loud, thanks for the chuckle!  HeartHeart

Honored Contributor

@Sueliz wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Cakers3 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SeaMaiden

@Cakers3 @SeaMaiden,  u guys made me laugh out loud, thanks for the chuckle!  HeartHeart

We needa good laugh right now🙂

Honored Contributor

Also, I heard this morning that airlines may be affected in the next few days if the situation doesn't rapidly improve.  The analyst said that airlines typically only store 3-4 days worth of fuel at any given time.  If the plane fuel can't get transported to them, they run out.  That could affect the entire country.

Honored Contributor

It went up 10 cents a gallon here overnight.

Honored Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

I absolutely will defend @sidsmom oon this issue.

Her subject line was clear to me-but I'm 56. There were gas shortages back in the 70's- which led to....long lines of people waiting at gas stations to fuel up.

I absolutely do not agree with everything Sidsmom says, but we have made peace. She has a pure heart-I have NEVER seen her be discourteus to those who disagree with her-ever.

Instead, of CAUSTIC nasty words, she gives what she believes to be facts.....

I have had many fights with her-but I realized her heart is in the right place-and no, I don't believe everything she "plugs in" as truth....

She has always been gracious in replies-maybe not acceptable to all of us-me included.

We can all agree to....disagree....and vegetable consumption never hurts anyone.....

Please, can we try to be kinder?

A friendship hug.

Poodlepet2

@Poodlepet2

Oh my gracious...I've been puttering around the house.

Always like a spirited debate, but totally missed this one.

That's my MO...always 2 steps behind.  🙃

Thank you for the super kind words!  🌼

I'll give you Friendship Hug -and- a plate of taters..🍠🥔!

Peace...🌼☮️

Respected Contributor

Here in southwest Florida: DH just returned from the gas station and he filled up the tank at about $2.50 a gallon. He said no signs of concern here, yet. We fly north in a couple weeks and I heard there may be an additional fee tacked on for fuel. We'll survive.

Respected Contributor

I have relatives in Dallas.  They texted this morning about the long lines at the stations and said that they were told gas supplies were running out.  An hour ago, they texted that it was all a rumor and not true.  

Honored Contributor

Since EVERYTHING is reliant on gas, EVERYTHING will be going up in price.