Esteemed Contributor

Arizona, no gas lines. Paid $2.10 this morning at Costco. The gas stations around my house are around $2.25 up from $2.19 a few days ago.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

Also, I heard this morning that airlines may be affected in the next few days if the situation doesn't rapidly improve.  The analyst said that airlines typically only store 3-4 days worth of fuel at any given time.  If the plane fuel can't get transported to them, they run out.  That could affect the entire country.

I hope not, my kid is a couple thousand miles from home right now and due to fly home next week. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@santorini wrote:

I have relatives in Dallas.  They texted this morning about the long lines at the stations and said that they were told gas supplies were running out.  An hour ago, they texted that it was all a rumor and not true.  

Won't know if the gas supplies are really running out,

but we all know the lines are real, so.....

New Contributor

I'm in Plano and my husband and I each have 1/4 tank in each of our vehicles.  We can't find gas anywhere!!

I was just told that Plano, Frisco, Allen, Richardson, Wylie, Garland and Rockwall are totally out of gas.  No one knows for how long.

Respected Contributor

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

@noodleann, now I understand. When we lived in Pa. so many grappled with this issue....when to lock in.

We had all electric, but our bills were sky high compared to those with single family homes....on the other hand, we were all scrimping by...tough times...

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

I wish I could lock in. Since 2008, when the price hit $4 a gallon, I think all the local companies have discontinued those programs. When I moved here, it was 90 cents a gallon. You never know when it's going to go up, or how fast.

Woman Sad

Honored Contributor
@Lisa in Texas wrote:

I'm in Plano and my husband and I each have 1/4 tank in each of our vehicles.  We can't find gas anywhere!!

I was just told that Plano, Frisco, Allen, Richardson, Wylie, Garland and Rockwall are totally out of gas.  No one knows for how long.

Oh my goodness!

I'm in the Plano/Addison area where I saw the long lines.  

I do believe word-of-mouth gets going & causes a minor panic.

Luckily, here in DFW, the weather is beautiful & the sun is shining

so a bike ride and/or nice long walk might be a welcomed change!

@Lisa in Texas

A friend reminded me of this app "Gas Buddy"

http://tracker.gasbuddy.com

Here's quick snapshot, current time:

IMG_2781.jpg

Honored Contributor

sounds like the days of the oil embargo

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in Arkansas, no lines today. I do think the price has gone up a bit. I should've topped my tank off.....

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom, I love you and Phoenixbird...we have hurried the hatchet-and I do appreciate your insights....

My biggest wish here is that we could just appreciate others insights without being nasty..

You have been gracious-and kind.

As I said, we can agree to disagree.

I so much appreciate your spirit and passion...but going back to "gas lines" the younger generation doesn't understand..

They never experienced it...

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Trusted Contributor

I live in the DFW area (Mid-Cities). I drove to six different gas places until I was able to get a tank of gas. Had to wait for about 30 minutes in line at the last one. Breathing one sigh of relief! It is really hard to find ANY gas, much less Premium grade. I paid $3.29/gallon.