Valued Contributor

Invitation Dilemma

[ Edited ]

A week ago, I invited a couple DH and I have known for a very long time to our house for an upcoming weekend in Sept. We have not gotten together in forever because of kids, schedules, and distance. I explained that we have a newly redecorated guest room,  it's DH's birthday so it would be a nice surprise for him and (3.) there is a very popular local festival that weekend that they have been to before and we would love to take them again.  She texted back that she would look at her calendar and get back to me the next day. I haven't heard from her.

I now feel as though I want to move forward make other plans for that weekend and am getting a little hurt that she hasn't rsvp'ed.  What to do? This is a new one for me.

Regular Contributor

Why not text her again and ask her if she has had an opportunity to check her calendar and if she can't make it, you understand but would like to move forward with other plans.

Respected Contributor

Call her. She may have thought she got back to you and the text didn't go through. It's happened to me.

Don't continue to fret about it when there is such a simple solution

Trusted Contributor

a short, direct to the point text from you, could end your wait. just ask her if they plan to show up. 

Honored Contributor

just call her or text her to see if they are coming.

if they say "yes" then you are all set. if they say "no" then you can tell her that you look forward to seeing them in the future sometime.

if she says she still doesnt know, then tell her you want to make special birthday plans for your husband and that you need to know so you can move forward with plan B.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Well, likely they aren't planning to come, but I think you should assume maybe they forgot to respond to you yay or nay.  Don't hesitate to contact them right away and ask if they forgot, and are they planning to come?

Laura loves cats!
Regular Contributor

Just this morning I RSVP's a friend (and the last day to do that was yesterday) ... I apologized and asked if I could still attend her function.   We all "forget" some times to respond.

Valued Contributor

Thanks, all!!

Honored Contributor

She probably had too much advance notice and just forgot.My mind doesn't store info that well anymore.I would call and ask her so that you can like you said,make other plans.

Honored Contributor

@Sheilaray,   Text her back and ask if they are coming because you will make other plans.

kindness is strength