Respected Contributor

We're in Pennsylvania.  We have not seen any difference here.  I am sure prices are rising, but I haven't been paying attention.

As far as underground pipelines, our state is loaded with them, mostly interstate natural gas.  Scary to think what is buried beneath us and how well it may or may not be maintained.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

I'm in Maryland, and I doubt we will have lines, but who really knows?

Regular was $2.47 at my Shell station, and that's with 5 cents off on Thursday.

Prices definetly jumped up in the last couple of days.

Much of the gas & diesel produced in Houston & Louisiana refineries are shipped on a pipeline from Houston to New Jersey, with stops at various tank farms along the way.

you are right, who knows who will be next to have short supply?

Respected Contributor

here in Cali we had sharp price hikes - but no issue w/availability.  with about 20% of refining ops off line, this is the way it happens.  supply tightens, prices rise.  hopefully the refining will be back on line sooner rather than later.  i suspect that there are delivery issues in Texas due to Harvey shutdowns.

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

i suspect that there are delivery issues in Texas due to Harvey shutdowns.

That's exactly it.

There's a supply available, but getting it transported is the issue.

Roadways are blocked.

Honored Contributor

maryland area......no gas lines, but a definite increase in prices.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@noodleann, See my post to Sidsmom: it was being reported that futures are up....thank heavens for investment professionals: I couldn't keep up with the market....

We did it once by ourselves-made a lot of money on one stock and sold at the right time....this was back in the day before the birth of PC's....it was nerve wracking!

Do you do this as a professional? I'm just curious how that profession keeps up tracking all the data they see minute by minute....not for the weak!

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Regular Contributor

Are you directing your question to those in TX or LA, why would anybody else have long lines?  @sidsmom

Honored Contributor

I'm in Texas and no gas lines at all. I was out today doing some shopping. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

@sidsmom, not only is highway traffic slowed, but as this storm lifts, it's dumping into the Mighty Mississippi: barge traffic will be greatly slowed down....with two major avenues of transportation being compromised, that's one of the reasons I was asking about grocery prices.

Sigh.....

Hugs,

Poodlepet2

Regular Contributor

Cakers wrote:

SeaMaiden wrote:

yes, we have gas pipelines in my neck of the woods....they are really nice green belts where people walk their dogs.

@SeaMaiden  I believe she means cars lined up to get gas at gas stations.

I didn't understand it either, thought the subject did not make any sense as usual.