Honored Contributor

Re: From A USPS Employee

[ Edited ]

I certainly sympathize and thank the USPS workers for all they are doing in this unprecedented year with the pandemic and more online orders than ever before....That's why many of us on this Forum URGED and BEGGED people to shop EARLY this holiday season....but many said they were waiting until "more traditional holiday shopping times"....SMH!!!!

Although I totally sympathize with the USPS workers this year it doesnt excuse the poor service we've received in the past---messed up deliveries/pickups and mail placed in our mailboxes for other customers, and the address wasn't even close to our area......So in the future I can only hope this virus gets under control and USPS and USPS Mail Innovations make changes and improvements in processes to improve service....this would not only help customers, but workers as well....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Yes, the service and health care workers are very much appreciated. We are not forgetting meat and food prep.

I have never heard of USPS hiring seasonal staff.

UPS, Amazon, FedEx all advertise for seasonal help.

I have been holding some returns until after Christmas. My few little packages might not make a difference. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: From A USPS Employee

[ Edited ]

I have not seen any posts where USPS has been attacked. I have seen and personally responded to a thread where posters are listing their experiences they are currently having with deliveries.  

I think we can all understand and appreciate the unique  and difficult circumstances that they are working with at this time, but that does not negate truthful postings regarding problems that some may be having. 

Esteemed Contributor

Unfortunately this will fall on deaf ears.

We will still see angry threads from people ticked that their item sat somewhere for "X" number of days, impatient for their package.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor

Our mail delivery is good just like it always was. It is delivered a bit later sometimes and I see the truck up and down our street on Sundays.

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK.  Thanks for posting this.  A lot of people need to read it.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Yes, the service and health care workers are very much appreciated. We are not forgetting meat and food prep.

I have never heard of USPS hiring seasonal staff.

UPS, Amazon, FedEx all advertise for seasonal help.

I have been holding some returns until after Christmas. My few little packages might not make a difference. 

@granddi.  The USPS  has always hired thousands of seasonal workers.  It used to be a typical seasonal job for school teachers.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

I have never blamed post office employees for packages sitting, according to tracking, in a post office for ten days.

I do blame decision makers at the top of the pyramid that don't allow the proper equipment and seasonal employees to handle the not unexpected seasonal increase in packages.

Occasional Contributor

Several years ago my husband and aduly daughter worked the temporary Christmas workers, daughter ended up at end of season getting full tme work from this, husband had full time work, so it worked out for our family.

I think in November they were tested, so along with being Veterans the points added up. Early December of that year they started working the night shift.

Times change and there have been alot of cut backs and i have no idea if this has been stopped our severally cut back. This is a year they could really use extra help!

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

I would forego anything home made or not individually wrapped now as a thank you.  It is a scary time for all, and a mail carrier or postal worked with the virus could have a LOT of other workers quarantined, which is not what we need at all.