Esteemed Contributor

Re: For people with children........question.......

Yes!! Absolutely!! My DH is the love of my life & my son is the light of my life!!!

I can't imagine my life without my son.He's been a joy.He is the very definition of love.Every day he teaches me something new & challenges me to be a better person.I realize how lucky I am & I'm very grateful!!

Respected Contributor

Yes, I would do it again.

Even with a child who has been very difficult.  I don't think I really knew what life was about until I became a mother.  Even with having a high pressure/stress/responsibility job, nothing is like being a parent.  It is the ultimate experience in 24/7/365 responsibility and care for someone other than yourself. 

I wish I could go back and do it over knowing what I know now!  Knowing what her problems were and understanding them.  Trying to enjoy the difficulties of having an infant!  She has been the mission of my life.

I did decide not to have more children.  I couldn't imagine handling more children with the effort my daughter took.  I don't regret it, but my husband would have liked more.

Hyacinth

Esteemed Contributor

@hyacinth003 I think we all wish we could go back and have a do over on so many areas in our life including the decisions we made raising our children, I know I do!

Our daughter was born 6 weeks premature and had a couple complications due to her early birth (thankfully with time they corrected themselves), and to this day I still say to myself maybe if I had done this differently or that differently she would not have been born so premature, I will probably blame myself until the day I am called home, I think we as parents are far too harsh on ourselves, and we have to learn to forgive ourselves!

Life is a learning experience and we have to embrace each lesson, learn from each lesson and pray for the best outcome!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ANewHue wrote:

We have one child that we had later in life.  She was our blessing that we thought would never be.   Now she is our biggest headache.  The answer to your question is NO.  All our money was spent on her education. She is ungrateful.   We missed a lot of things in life because we were spending our time and cash raising her properly and giving her opportunities that we didn't have. At this point we want her out so we can enjoy traveling and getting back to having some fun but she's not taking the hint. 

Maybe she will turn around someday.  I have seen it happen in startling ways.  She may yet be that blessing.  When things were really tough for me, I would ask myself just what would I really have without a child?  More money, a bigger house, vacations, jewelry, etc etc.  All those are nice, and it would have been a more peaceful life, but how rich?

I got to join that special society called "mothers."  No experience has been like it.   She may even become grateful if SHE ever has children.  As my grandma used to say "you can't put an old head on young shoulders."  Maybe you don't like her, but always love her. 

I don't know her age, but perhaps you can start doing what you want slowly.  Really, fun and money aren't all that in the scope of life.  I've been with many people as they are dying.  None talked about fun or money.  But most talked about their children.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor

@hyacinth003, you've written some beautiful things Heart

Trusted Contributor

Yes I would!  The good times have outnumbered the bad times!!  And now we have grandchildren and a great grandchild!!HeartWoman Happy

Respected Contributor

Definitely would have my daughter again - one regret is could not have more miscarried 5 times after birth of our beautiful daughter.  Now have three great grandkids and just arrived one great grandson.  Truly blessed.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My regret would be that I was a very young, immature 21 yo when I gave birth to the first of my two sons.  I had the energy but lacked some wisdom.  I wish I'd waited a few more years.

I love my sons to pieces❤

Esteemed Contributor

Yes of course! I have 2 children and 3 grandchildren (so far)..All of them, and my husband are my life!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Trusted Contributor

How timely.  May 20th and our oldest daughter is getting married. We just had the rehearsal and a beautiful dinner. My other daughter and I have been going through photos and boy, all the memories they bring out. I'm feeling the emotions and I know part of it is just being kind of tired from the long days of preparing. I can't imagine not having my three plus the most adorable little grandson and another on the way. Like others, I was born to be a mother.