Respected Contributor

Re: For people with children........question.......

@Noel7 wrote:

@libbyannE

I support your decision, many of our friends chose not to have children.  I also support those who believe in population control.

That said, I would also point out that adoption does not increase the population. 

@Noel7

Hi.  There was no reason that we couldn't have children of our own. Not sure what adoption has to do with our decision. 

Esteemed Contributor

Andrewsgrandma...The only thing I can think of saying to you is, I am so sorry for your loss and pain.

@Andrewsgrandma wrote:

That's a thought provoking question. I would have to say yes. I have 2 daughters. We gave them the best, normal life we could. Did we make mistakes? Yes we did. My eldest is highly successful, has a wonderful husband and 2 boys. They are healthy and happy. My daughter though, has cut her self off from us and I don't know why. I have tried to reach out to no avail. My other daughter was hit by a car January 2016 and died instantly. Life as I knew it ended that day. She was 32. Let's just say my dreams for a close, normal, loving family didn't happen for us. All I ever wanted in life was a family who loved each other. The daughter I was close to is gone and my other daughter seems to not want much to do with us. My grands are far away. Not at all the "plan" I had dreamed of.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am also child free by choice. I think it's wonderful for people to want and have kids, but it was never something I wanted.

If you had kids and regret it, that is a sad thing. If you wanted kids and never had them, that is also a very sad thing. I've never once regretted  not having kids. My life is full to the brim  without them.

Despite what Jacaranda thinks, childless people have just as much voice in this thread as anyone else.

Esteemed Contributor

ANewHue...Sounds to me like you need a break.  I don't know how old your daughter is but if she is eighteen or older you are no longer responsible to support her.  Hopefully, if

@ANewHue wrote:

We have one child that we had later in life.  She was our blessing that we thought would never be.   Now she is our biggest headache.  The answer to your question is NO.  All our money was spent on her education. She is ungrateful.   We missed a lot of things in life because we were spending our time and cash raising her properly and giving her opportunities that we didn't have. At this point we want her out so we can enjoy traveling and getting back to having some fun but she's not taking the hint. 

she is old enough she will get a job and her own place to live.  I feel your hurt and pain.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

I just knew if one person was being honest on an anonymous board and spoke her truth she was going be armchair judged. I had a great experience to motherhood but to say everyone was going to slide through perfectly is unrealistic. 

I doubt if anyone would be brave enough to come on here and say..."No I would not have had children."  Can you imagine the response that would get? I'm glad you posted this because I too was thinking the same thing.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

I am also child free by choice. I think it's wonderful for people to want and have kids, but it was never something I wanted.

If you had kids and regret it, that is a sad thing. If you wanted kids and never had them, that is also a very sad thing. I've never once regretted  not having kids. My life is full to the brim  without them.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jackaranda wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

Despite what Jacaranda thinks, childless people have just as much voice in this thread as anyone else.

WHAT?! Where and what number post did I write that! Liar!

My apologies. It was Yorkieonmypillow. Just an honest mistake. I am not a liar, so settle yourself down

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

My apologies. It was Yorkieonmypillow. Just an honest mistake. I am not a liar, so settle yourself

Respected Contributor

@Jackaranda wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

My apologies. It was Yorkieonmypillow. Just an honest mistake. I am not a liar, so settle yourself down

Gee what a sincere apology. 

Whatever.. It was just a mistake. Now how about we move on, ok?

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Jackaranda wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote: