Valued Contributor

I just mentioned today to my 60 year old husband I read that in Italy, they give the respirators to those under 60.  Who came up with this??? A 59 year old?  No, I agree the young come 1st but heck, I don't feel old yet but they sure are making me feel that way.  I'm not even on Medicare yet!

Valued Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

It just occurred to me that I'm considered elderly now.  Hearing all the talk about at-risk groups for the coronavirus shocked me into realizing my age.  My brain still thinks I'm 30 but my body is over 65.  Smiley Happy

@CalminHeart 

I am exactly the same way! I just don't think of myself as a senior citizen. However, I remember when I really was in my 30's thinking people over 55 were ancient! LOL!!!

Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels here on earth to teach us to be better humans.
Esteemed Contributor

I enjoyed reading all the comments here...and to know others feel the same, especially after turning 70. I just turned 72, but remember looking at my body when I was 70 and thinking "what the heck happened here?". Oh well - I'm happy to be alive and kicking and fortunate to have inherited good genes from my mother.

There are a lot of good things to remember from each decade - (my 30s were my favorite). I'm with the person who said that I may be a senior, but I'm not elderly (at least in my mind)!

Respected Contributor

Anyone remember in the 1970's when you "couldn't trust anyone over 30"

Honored Contributor

@jannabelle1  It's funny you say your 30's.  I always thought if I could stand in time, I would be 36 or 37.  You still look good, and you know much more about life.  lol

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Yeh, how can I be 71 when I was just 30 last month?   Where does the time go?

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   Well said, I can relate.

Respected Contributor

@qvcaddition June 6th.

Frequent Contributor

This topic reminded me of a comment my daughter made many years ago. She was young, elementary school maybe junior high. I was taking her to school and the radio was on reporting an auto accident that killed a 36 y/o woman and mentioned her husband and children. My daughter piped up from the back seat so serious....

“Well at least she lived her life”!

I was so shocked. She wasn’t flippant about it, just matter of fact and said well at least she got married and had children. Children thought 30 was old. She’s almost 47 now but on her 36th birthday I was able to ask her if she thought she’d lived her life. We had a laugh over that. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Cats3000 

@Cats3000 wrote:

@qvcaddition June 6th.

Hope you will be able to have a great day.  My DILsame day.