Trusted Contributor

@kivah Well I already turned 80 and I wake up in the morning and say hey, you made it to another day lol.  My DD said to not acknowledge 80, just say 79 and 4 months Smiley Happy  So all in all I'm just happy to be alive and mobile after getting 2 new knees last year.  

Esteemed Contributor

A couple of weeks ago, I was walking my dog by my house. A young female was walking her 2 chihuahuas - and she asked me how old my dog was. I told her 11 - and then I asked her how old she thought I was and she said 65. I said, I'm almost 80 - and she couldn't believe it. She asked if I can only eat certain foods and I said, "I eat whatever I want." 

Esteemed Contributor

@chlema wrote:

@kivah Well I already turned 80 and I wake up in the morning and say hey, you made it to another day lol.  My DD said to not acknowledge 80, just say 79 and 4 months Smiley Happy  So all in all I'm just happy to be alive and mobile after getting 2 new knees last year.  

You are so right - we've lived a long time. In 2006 I had ovarian cancer surgery and chemo --- it took me only one year to recover and be cancer free. Now - you'd never know that I was sick.We are strong!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I was born after WW2, an early baby boomer, now 73. My mother is a sharp soon-to-be 98-year-old. I've had asthma all my life so my risk with this coronavirus makes it a double whammy. My grandson and his fiancée just postponed their wedding. My granddaughter's college graduation was canceled. I worry about the future of my children's jobs. Elderly or not, we are all going to suffer.

Trusted Contributor

@Katcat1I turned 65 last july, and It's amazing how fast the years seem to have flown by.  I relish in all my great childhood and family memories, and still miss my Mom and Dad very much.  I look forward to every day that I get to see the beautiful sun rise and share time with my husband and family.