Trusted Contributor

I don't think I've ever not put something down first, a napkin, paper towel, plate, or cutting board....I need something between my food and the counter top....always.

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Esteemed Contributor

No food preparation directly on countertops.

Honored Contributor

My family always uses a paper towel or a plate.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Food on counters

[ Edited ]

I never even thought of putting food on a counter. Imagine if people sprayed all kinds of disinfectants or cleaners - or wiping up spills with a sponge or rag ----- NOT CLEAN to eat off a counter. Everything goes on a dish, ie, plate.

Esteemed Contributor

I always make a sandwich on either a paper towel or a plate. Right now I'm fighting an ant problem, so I'm always vigilant to wipe crumbs or anything food related off my counters. Your sister is being respectful ... give her a break! I never make any food items directly on my counters.

Honored Contributor

I use a cutting board.  I never put food on the counter.  

Esteemed Contributor

I never put food directly on the counter ... I always use a plate & then put the plate in the dishwasher when I’m done 😊😉

Esteemed Contributor

I put my food on the counter. 

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Honored Contributor
I use a paper plate. I never put food directly on the counter even though they are always clean because I am constantly wiping them down. I have never even thought about putting food directly on the counter.
Respected Contributor

@caroln242  When making things like a sandwich, I put it directly on a plate.  If the food prep involves some cutting, I would do that on a cutting board then transfer it to a plate.  And I use regular plates.  I save paper plates for things like outside BBQ's and picnics.

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread