Honored Contributor

I ordered the top and bottom sheets from LLBean yesterday.  They were 20% off through today.  I'll probably just use the top sheet but bought the bottom sheet, too, to try it.  Thanks, everyone, for your feedback.  

Thank you to everyone who suggested LLBean.  Their top sheet was much wider than the others that I looked at.  The width of the others made me afraid I wouldn't like them.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Trusted Contributor

Well, since I’m in the midst of my own he*#, how do the hosts say it...oh yes, personal summer, I can barely keep any sheets on the bed.  I’m waiting for someone to manufacture air conditioner sheets...lmk if anyone finds those😰

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it
Honored Contributor

Re: Flannel sheets

[ Edited ]

@EdithEllenLily wrote:

@NickNack and everyone:

Hi! I used to buy QVC's Northern Nights flannel sheets but when they stopped carrying them, I had to look elsewhere.

There was a thread a couple of years ago about flannel sheets and I wrote down all the ideas of other places to look. I found two sets at the end of last winter on sale from Vermont Country Store and they are very nice.

In case you want to comparison shop, here were the other places to look for flannel sheets:

• LL Bean
  • Lands' End
  • Plow & Hearth
  • Vermont Country Store
  • Bed Bath & Beyond
  • Garnet Hill
  • Pottery Barn
  • Macy's - Martha Stewart Luxury Flannel (they are on sale)

In case anyone is interested, I looked at the sheets at all of these places.  LLBean, Lands' End and Pottery Barn have the largest flat sheet.  I also checked Cuddledown, and theirs was not as large.  This was important to me at least.

-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

The flannels by Martha Stewart that I ordered  from Macy's on Monday arrived today.  They are high quality, and since I was able to purchase these $180 sheets for $69, I am more than a little pleased.  Thank you again, @EdithEllenLily, for the tip about the sale.  

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Honored Contributor

I bought a couple of sets of very inexpensive flannel sheets last year at BJs, and since we now have real functioning zone heat, I turn it all the way down and sleep very comfortably in them. 

They also have 18” pockets- a huge plus on my foam mattress/topper combo.

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

The flannels by Martha Stewart that I ordered  from Macy's on Monday arrived today.  They are high quality, and since I was able to purchase these $180 sheets for $69, I am more than a little pleased.  Thank you again, @EdithEllenLily, for the tip about the sale.  

@IamMrsG You are most welcome! I'm glad to read the good news about your great deal!! Woman Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@tansy wrote:

Even though I am no longer hot flashing 🔥, I find flannel or fleece sheets to be too warm.  

Amen,sister!!

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

My LLBean flannel sheets arrived today.  It's still too hot in East TN to use them, but I'll probably go ahead and wash them and put the top sheet on.  I don't think that would be too hot right now, and I probably wouldn't need to pull the comforter up in the middle of the night.  They feel wonderful.

-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Enjoy your sheets. I also bought my flannel sheets from LL Bean with 20% off. 

It got up to 90° today which is unusual for Oct.

I'm using Bamboo sheets right now. They say you can sleep on them year round but they are cold now at night getting in bed.

It's still too warm yet for the flannel sheets. 

Honored Contributor

@NickNack

No thanks. Can't sleep in a bed, but I did try them in my wife's bed, and I didn't like them sticking to my boxer/briefs. She gave them to our Humane Society.

hckynut

hckynut(john)