Honored Contributor

Unexpected Amazon Bonus Goodie

Months and months ago, I had some $$ from the Apple & others/Amazon e-books settlement. I used some of it and thought I could use it on one particular book to finish up, but since that book was to-be-released it wouldn’t work.  So I went past the deadline and figured that was that.

A couple of days ago I got an email that Amazon had put the balance in my account. Cool, I thought, but assumed it was only for books.

I just purchased something (not books) and it took that amount off my cost. How cool is that! That’s what I call really wanting to be sure you got the benefit, no matter what. They didn’t have to do that.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

Re: Unexpected Amazon Bonus Goodie

Thanks for posting this. I just bought something and had a weird 38 cent gift card amount show up. Couldn't figure it out.

Honored Contributor

@pigletsmom wrote:

Thanks for posting this. I just bought something and had a weird 38 cent gift card amount show up. Couldn't figure it out.

Yes, my email specifically said “gift card” - which means that as a goodwill gesture (or perhaps to adhere to the letter of the settlement, but the settlement dealt with books only so that isn’t logical) they’ve turfed my expired dollar amount into “you can buy anything with it.”

Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde

I have found that Amazon usually goes above and beyond.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I just received a credit last week. This is the third settlement credit for a class action suit. Somebody is not playing fair. Amazon always applies the credit to your account, it's a nice surprise.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I just received a credit last week. This is the third settlement credit for a class action suit. Somebody is not playing fair. Amazon always applies the credit to your account, it's a nice surprise.

Yes, on re-reading my email this is additional credit to the credit that was previously given - yet it’s different somehow, as with the first amount it had to be spent on books; perhaps even just e-books (the point of the lawsuit), it wasn’t just credited to your account overall. This credit, Amazon has just turned into a GC that can be spent on anything, not just books.