Honored Contributor

If you have a button hole ,that lets the button slide through, take a piece of scotch tape, and on the reverse side ,tape the narrow end of the button hole shut.

It works like magic you can't see it. It lasts through the entire  day..

Honored Contributor

Re: Fast and easy fixes

[ Edited ]

Use a tube of gel toothpaste instead of bar or liquid hand soap. When necessary.

I use Close-up Cinnamon Gel toothpaste.

Rinse off with water, as usual.

Tuck it into your handbag or travel tote bag when handsoap isn't available. All you need is water to rinse off. 

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  It has to be 'gel' toothpaste, as regular tooth paste is too sticky, pasty.  Not as easy to rinse off.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@cherry  What a neat post.  I hope lots of posters will share their easy fixes.

If you have a writing pen that has plenty of ink, but the ink is dry and won't come out, put the tip of the pen to a flame, and it will burn off the old ink and the pen will work again. 

Another one that many probably already know, use some vegetable oil to loosen those super adhesive price stickers that won't seem to come off.  Of course, just make sure you won't damage the item by using oil.  

Here is one that my sister told me.  Sounds strange, but it works.  

If you are out and about town and it's really humid and need a make-up/oil blotter for your face and to blot sweat off your arms, face, neck, etc..., the thin paper toilet seat covers work really well.  Sounds awful, but actually works.  

@CAcableGirl2- it doesn't sound awful at all...unless it's a used one Woman Tongue

"That's a great first pancake."
Lady Gaga, to Tony Bennett
Honored Contributor

Re: Fast and easy fixes

[ Edited ]

Nail polish will go on smoother and stay on longer if you clean your fingernails with white vinegar before applying your polish.

Clean hairbrushes by soaking them in 2 cups of hot soapy water with 1/2 cup vinegar added  to it.

Clean your hair dryer. Use an old toothbrush to clean your hair dryer's filters.

April is Autism Awareness/Acceptance month.
Honored Contributor

I might add that just the other day, I was wishing and hoping for a category (list at the left of the screen) that would include something like 'handy diy tips', or something similar.

'Fast and Easy Fixes' is perfect!  Maybe thay will include it in the list at the left.

Thank you for this thread!!!!  Heart

Trusted Contributor

to keep your shedder sharp, run a peice of sandpaper through it.  this also works to keep shears sharp