Honored Contributor

I feel this is a scam, just looking for confirmation. The email wants me to update information within 72 hours or I will be limited as to what I can do with my account. It doesn't specify if this is my credit cards ( which I do have from Chase) or an account from the bank ( I have no accounts with Chase Bank). So I should ignore this right?

Esteemed Contributor

Scam

Honored Contributor

Absolutely ingore and delete.

Respected Contributor

Yes! And forward it to Chase's security team so they can look in to it.

A quick way to help tell if it's a scam is to hover over the email address that it came from. Some scammers are pretty sophisticated and spoof somewhat realistic addresses, but a lot of them aren't that bright. If it's a string of nonsense, or from a Yahoo of Gmail account, it's a scam. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Frequent Contributor

I would ignore it. I never click on links from emails like that. You could call the number on the back of your chase card to ensure all is well. But the email sounds like a scam. 

Respected Contributor

You shouldn't even click on it to open the email.

Honored Contributor

Yes, I would ignore it, it sounds like a phishing scam.

I have a couple of Chase accounts (cc's) and I've gotten no such emails.

I would forward it to Chase's Fraud Dept.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Re: Email From Chase

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 wrote:

I feel this is a scam, just looking for confirmation. The email wants me to update information within 72 hours or I will be limited as to what I can do with my account. It doesn't specify if this is my credit cards ( which I do have from Chase) or an account from the bank ( I have no accounts with Chase Bank). So I should ignore this right?

@Jordan2 

If you dont have any accounts with Chase its a scam to get your personal info....dont click any links its safe to forward----

You can forward a suspicious email message to Chase  at phishing@chase.com. We'll send you an automated response to let you know we got the message.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@Jordan2  Scam, I got the same from Chase. When you click on the sender's email to see the whole addy you should be able to tell it's bogus.  Also  go to the Chase site, log in and look in your In Box for messages. If Chase had sent it the message would be on your In Box on the Chase site.  I've also been getting bogus messages from PayPal.   

Honored Contributor

@ScrapHappy wrote:

You shouldn't even click on it to open the email.

@ScrapHappy 

There's no harm whatsoever in just opening the email, just don't click any links.

I don't want people to freak out that they opened the email to read it, but didn't click on any links, thinking they made themselves vulnerable by just reading the email.

It's the links in the email that take you to the 'dark side' of fraud, not opening the email.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.