Esteemed Contributor

Mark it as Spam if you have no acount with Chase.

I do that wth PaPal & any other enity that i don't have an account.

If I have an account I would go direct to their website or call do verify.

Never Click Through the Link in an Email

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@ScrapHappy wrote:

You shouldn't even click on it to open the email.

@ScrapHappy 

There's no harm whatsoever in just opening the email, just don't click any links.

I don't want people to freak out that they opened the email to read it, but didn't click on any links, thinking they made themselves vulnerable by just reading the email.

It's the links in the email that take you to the 'dark side' of fraud, not opening the email.

@KingstonsMom 

Good to know.

I have to open any email just to be able to block the sender.  But it always makes me a bit uneasy to do so.

And another thing that bothers me is when legitimate businesses make you click on something in their emails without giving you an alternative.😠

Honored Contributor

@geezerette 

DH is a computer engineer for the federal govt., working on computer systems at military installations that 'we' don't even know exist (including me!) and has Top Security Clearance, so I trust his expertise.

And there is always an alternative to clicking on the links in these emails, which is go to the actual company's website and check to see if it's legit, don't click thru the email.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@geezerette 

DH is a computer engineer for the federal govt., working on computer systems at military installations that 'we' don't even know exist (including me!) and has Top Security Clearance, so I trust his expertise.

And there is always an alternative to clicking on the links in these emails, which is go to the actual company's website and check to see if it's legit, don't click thru the email.

@KingstonsMom 

Sometimes their discount/sale prices are only available when clicking through their emails.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 , when I get an email from any type of service like that I just go directly to my account.   Not clicking on any links, but on my own going to my account to see if there are any messages to me or if all is good or I call them directly at a phone number from their site or that I have, not a phone number that may come from an email.  There have been notices lately that there's tons of phishing going on right now.  

I get those emails from Chase a lot and I have zero accounts with Chase and zero credit cards.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2   Of course ignore it. Obviously you have no account with them.

Honored Contributor

@geezerette wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@geezerette 

@KingstonsMom 

Sometimes their discount/sale prices are only available when clicking through their emails.  

@geezerette 

I've had Chase CC's (2 of them) for many years and I have never, ever been offered discount or sales prices from them, unless they're offered thru their apps and I don't use apps.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden   I believe she said no bank account with them but does have a Chase credit card.

Best,

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@geezerette wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@geezerette 

@KingstonsMom 

@geezerette 

I've had Chase CC's (2 of them) for many years and I have never, ever been offered discount or sales prices from them, unless they're offered thru their apps and I don't use apps.

@KingstonsMom 

I was just speaking about businesses in general, not Chase.

Sorry I wasn't clear.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Jordan2   Of course ignore it. Obviously you have no account with them.

@SeaMaiden 

Read OP again.  She has a credit card from Chase.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett