Honored Contributor

@shoesnbags wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@Jordan2   Of course ignore it. Obviously you have no account with them.

@SeaMaiden 

Read OP again.  She has a credit card from Chase.

@shoesnbags   Oh I see... then I would just go onto the website and check my account.  You would know then if it was a spoof email... and of course they often times appear life spoof emails..

I get emails like this often from banks I do not have accounts with... If I get one for an account I have I just go and check out my account to make sure eveything is good.  

Respected Contributor

Last month I received an email from Chase that looked very official so I called them to verify.  The CS rep said that if Chase sends you an email they will address your name at the beginning of the mail, not Dear Customer, etc.  They will also mention the last 4 numbers of your account #.  They make it very personalized.

Otherwise, it's a scam.  And there are many out there this time of year.  There are so many that I even get suspicious when it's a real problem.

Yesterday I got a call on my phone from Amazon asking if I bought an iPhone with my account.  I was suspicious until they verified some info with me.  The order got cancelled but I really don't know how the crooks get this information.  I don't even use my Amazon account, I use another that I share with my family.

Esteemed Contributor

You can just close it and then go into the site with your user name and password to check for messages.  That is safe.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 I got the exact thing and forwarded it to Chase..

Info for you:

Fraudulent emails come in many ways, but most will ask you to choose a link or respond with personal info, like your password, account number and Social Security number. If you receive an email that seems to be from us but looks suspicious, forward it to phishing@chase.com. If you've chosen any links in the email or replied with info about one of your accounts, call us right away at 1-877-CHASEPC (1-877-242-7372).

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Esteemed Contributor

My husband works for Chase. It's a scam. 

Honored Contributor

Does you email allow you to report "phishing."

I use Outlook and can flag and report suspect mail .... which I do many times a day.

Super Contributor

FYI.................I receive these email notices from Chase all the time. Got 4 today. Of course it's a scam!!!~! Just click the down arrow next to the sender to see for yourself. IT'S A SCAM!!! 

You can send it toSmiley Tonguehishing@chase or simply delete.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Does you email allow you to report "phishing."

I use Outlook and can flag and report suspect mail .... which I do many times a day.

@ALRATIBA I'm not sure, I'll also add I'm not a techie, things are harder for me to figure out.

Respected Contributor

At least once a month, I get a call from "Chase Customer Service" telling me that I "qualify" for a lower interest rate.

Since I have no outstanding amount on any credit card and no bank loans....I hang up and block the number.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I feel this is a scam, just looking for confirmation. The email wants me to update information within 72 hours or I will be limited as to what I can do with my account. It doesn't specify if this is my credit cards ( which I do have from Chase) or an account from the bank ( I have no accounts with Chase Bank). So I should ignore this right?

@Jordan2 IF you have any doubts, call the institution from their "real" phone number.  Not one someone sends you.  ALWAYS verify things you have doubts about by contacting THEM through a published and verified phone number or e-mail address.

Also, be sure you understand how to identify a real company URL as opposed to fake ones.  That's the most obvious first thing to check when you get e-mail.