Esteemed Contributor

Re: Elizabeth Smart/Barzee Goes Off - Cops Called

It seems to me that our judicial system has been supplanted by lack of common sense. This woman is clearly unable to live safely in society. Rules-are-rules make no sense here. Those in positions of authority shrug their shoulders and absolve themselves of responsinility. Does anyone have any reasonable thinking?

Respected Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

@Scooby Doo wrote:

https://www.ksl.com/article/46394054/police-report-that-barzee-caused-disturbance-at-south-salt-lake...

So this original report by TMZ seems to be made up. Not surprised.

It's probably going to be an everyday thing for a while.

Respected Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@Scooby Doo wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Elizabeth Smart's kidnapper who was just released spent her first night of freedom going off the rails ... so much so, cops were called ... TMZ has learned.

Wanda Barzee spent Wednesday night at a Salt Lake City hotel and, according to a guest staying in an adjacent room, Barzee went on a religious tirade. We're told she was wailing religious scripture at the top of her lungs.

The guest also says Barzee was loudly praising Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism. 

A law enforcement source tells us a call came in to dispatch from a guest at the hotel, but when officers tried to call the complainant back, no one responded. They did not send a unit to check it out.

We're told there was also a call to police for a media disturbance outside the hotel -- and officers did respond to that -- asking reporters to back away from the property.

Barzee was released from prison Wednesday after serving 15 years. 

Not long after Barzee's release, Elizabeth reacted on Instagram saying, "Without [a] doubt the past few weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotion ... May we all remain vigilant in watching over our families, friends, and community from anyone who would seek to hurt or take advantage."

http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/20/elizabeth-smart-kidnapper-wanda-barzee-prison-release-cops-called/

"The guest also says Barzee was loudly praising Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism."    If that's a crime, most of the people who live here are violating the law. 

@Scooby Doo

I think the "wailing at the top her lungs" was the problem, rather than what she wailing.

Noise complaints/noise ordinances and all that.

I'm not dim enough to not understand that.  My dry humor can go right over people's heads.

@Scooby Doo

I, in no way, consider you "dim".

I enjoy your posts and I love humor and usually 'get' most types of humor. Sorry I didn't get this one.

I wish you hadn't chosen to take offense to my post, that's not what was intended at all.

No, I'm not offended at all.  Peace.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Barzee's family members have all said they will not take her in....she is alone and still has mental health issues....expect more incidents like this if she has just been released into the community alone and has no place to call home. I can't imagine how Elizabeth Smart can sleep now, knowing first-hand how disturbed this woman is.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

Elizabeth Smart's kidnapper who was just released spent her first night of freedom going off the rails ... so much so, cops were called ... TMZ has learned.

Wanda Barzee spent Wednesday night at a Salt Lake City hotel and, according to a guest staying in an adjacent room, Barzee went on a religious tirade. We're told she was wailing religious scripture at the top of her lungs.

The guest also says Barzee was loudly praising Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism. 

A law enforcement source tells us a call came in to dispatch from a guest at the hotel, but when officers tried to call the complainant back, no one responded. They did not send a unit to check it out.

We're told there was also a call to police for a media disturbance outside the hotel -- and officers did respond to that -- asking reporters to back away from the property.

Barzee was released from prison Wednesday after serving 15 years. 

Not long after Barzee's release, Elizabeth reacted on Instagram saying, "Without [a] doubt the past few weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotion ... May we all remain vigilant in watching over our families, friends, and community from anyone who would seek to hurt or take advantage."

http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/20/elizabeth-smart-kidnapper-wanda-barzee-prison-release-cops-called/

Much ado etc. 

Keepin' it real.
Valued Contributor

Like some of you, I heard Elizabeth Smart talk about her captivity. I had not heard of some of the details of what she went through, and I just cannot imagine how that awful Barzee women would have ever seen the light of day outside of a cell.  She is obviously very disturbed and I think pure evil.  I hope she doesn't hook up with some other nut and do the same thing again.

I am so proud of Elizabeth.  How she came out of that terrible experience with such confidence and poise is amazing.  

Super Contributor

You're brave Scooby, frail or not. I don't know why should get out. 

Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

And yesterday I heard a spokesperson for the state (I think he was an offical in the parole system) say how Barzee was going to be well supervised. 

And I have a bridge I can sell to anyone who is interested.  My heart aches for Elizabeth Smart and her family, they will be looking over their shoulders everytime they leave the house.  The way I see it Barzee should have been given a life sentence, instead the Smart family has now been sentenced to a form of prison, I will pray for them.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Regarding sending her to a mental health facility:  The budgets have been cut for everything on state and local levels.  No one wants to pay taxes.  They want to complain about lack of services but they don't want to pay taxes.  Years ago the courts decided that keeping folks in mental institutions that did not want to be there, unless committed by a family member (and now those conditions are limited as to time) was a violation of their constitutional rights.  Unfortunately, our jails and prisons serve as our mental care institutions now.