Esteemed Contributor

First few words of the robo voice didn't record but got the better part of the call. Of course it's urgent that I call them back. Said it was the SS Administration calling and something about suspension of my SS number and the Federal Crime & Investigation Dept. My caller ID said  Bayside, NY. Phone number 347-704-7649

Honored Contributor

Re: Just Got The SS Scam call

Suspension of your SSN?    Do you become 000-00-0000 then?  

Honored Contributor

We just wish we would get our new Medicare cards. Still waiting in Tx.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE and anyone else waiting for their cards!

After reading some of the other threads and posts about some receiving their cards and others not, I kept thinking I should have gotten my card months ago!

I had moved and also changed my address with them when I moved.

So I called the other day and they said they were waiting for verification of address! 

Well, nice that they are being cautious with this extra security but how would I know to call and verify unless they sent a letter asking me to or called (which they don't unless calling you back!)

Well, thats the government for you.

Anway, I'm glad I called. I verified my address to them and they said now it will take 4-6 weeks to get new card.

I would have been waiting and waiting...

So I would suggest calling them and seeing what the hold up is!

Shouldn't have to but I guess thats how it usually goes.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

They have the distribution schedule on Medicare.gov..  You can even get an email when your card is on the way.    (Yes I know this is unrelated to SS scam - just responding to specific Medicare card post.)

Honored Contributor

I just figured if they're mailing out state by state then by Tx being at the end of the line I'm gonna have a long wait. Guess Wisconsin will have even longer wait.

Seems like they got till April to cover the world LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Laura14 wrote:

Suspension of your SSN?    Do you become 000-00-0000 then?  

YES, suspension of my SSN. Guess I won't be seeing my auto deposit next month. Won't be able to eat nor pay bills. Oh boy. I better call them back.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl  No I haven't had that pleasure yet.  But I'm ready with my rebel flag!  I may even go buy a motorcycle.  I've never been suspended in my life for anything but I'm ready to be a real bad butt if they insist.    

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  Bad Butt Laura.,.vrooom vrooom Go Girl!

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd  I'm a bad lady!  Billy the Kid ain't seen nothing yet.  If a train runs through your neighborhood, wave to me as I'm riding through with all my zeroes painted on my leather jacket.  Yee haw!  Lock up your kids!  Laura's coming to a town near you!