Honored Contributor

Elizabeth Smart/Barzee Goes Off - Cops Called

Elizabeth Smart's kidnapper who was just released spent her first night of freedom going off the rails ... so much so, cops were called ... TMZ has learned.

Wanda Barzee spent Wednesday night at a Salt Lake City hotel and, according to a guest staying in an adjacent room, Barzee went on a religious tirade. We're told she was wailing religious scripture at the top of her lungs.

The guest also says Barzee was loudly praising Joseph Smith, the founder of Mormonism. 

A law enforcement source tells us a call came in to dispatch from a guest at the hotel, but when officers tried to call the complainant back, no one responded. They did not send a unit to check it out.

We're told there was also a call to police for a media disturbance outside the hotel -- and officers did respond to that -- asking reporters to back away from the property.

Barzee was released from prison Wednesday after serving 15 years. 

Not long after Barzee's release, Elizabeth reacted on Instagram saying, "Without [a] doubt the past few weeks have been a rollercoaster of emotion ... May we all remain vigilant in watching over our families, friends, and community from anyone who would seek to hurt or take advantage."

http://www.tmz.com/2018/09/20/elizabeth-smart-kidnapper-wanda-barzee-prison-release-cops-called/

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Elizabeth Smart/Barzee Goes Off - Cops Called

No surprise @KingstonsMom. She needs treatment not an early release.

Elizabeth was just here in PA last night speaking about this.

Honored Contributor

And yesterday I heard a spokesperson for the state (I think he was an offical in the parole system) say how Barzee was going to be well supervised. 

Honored Contributor

@threecees

Yes, this woman is certifiable, somehow she needs to be 'certified' by the courts, for mental health treatment.

I hope she's wearing an ankle monitor.....it's only a matter of time. 

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

@drizzellla wrote:

And yesterday I heard a spokesperson for the state (I think he was an offical in the parole system) say how Barzee was going to be well supervised. 

I thought I had heard or read the samething.

But, even if they are suppose to be watching her, I doubt they can keep an eye on her 24/7. Very scary, who knows what she is capable of.

Honored Contributor

So if the cops did not respond and no one answered when they cslled and no one else complained, how do we know the complaint was true? 

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

So if the cops did not respond and no one answered when they cslled and no one else complained, how do we know the complaint was true? 

I wouldn't admit to calling the cops on this nutjob either, she would probably come after me!

Honored Contributor

@happycat wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

But, even if they are suppose to be watching her, I doubt they can keep an eye on her 24/7. Very scary, who knows what she is capable of.

I read that she was being released to a halfway house, not a hotel, what happened to that?

At least at a halfway house there's supervision of their comings and goings.

Trusted Contributor

While it's unlikely she will hook up with another psychotic man who then forces her to do his bidding while he looks for younger prey to copulate with, she may try to contact ES to get closure which won't go over well.  

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@happycat wrote:

@drizzellla wrote:

I read that she was being released to a halfway house, not a hotel, what happened to that?

At least at a halfway house there's supervision of their comings and goings.

@KingstonsMom  According to the news I saw yesterday she is not wearing an ankle monitor.  She was staying at a hotel until her permanent residence is ready.  It sounded like she was going to be living on her own somewhere.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau