Contributor

Easy Pay Enticement?

[ Edited ]

Keep noticing items going on (6) Easy Pays a lot now instead of even the newer norm of (5) Easy Pays.  Pricing on items is still not being reduced (or not substantially) but just going on Easy Pay.

Does Easy Pays entice you to buy the item?  NOPE not for me.  It isn't about making it easier to "afford" an item since that is not really the issue for me.  It's about being stupid (talking about me now) not to buy an item that is overpriced and then adding shipping & handling on top of that whereas other retailers are VERY competitive on-line & at concrete stores (with no S&H).

Honored Contributor

I would rather have free shipping.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

@Patsy06 I am a total sucker for the easy pay sale.

I put everything on easy pay...I think I will just get through what I have left on my Q card, and not do this any longer.  As my hubby says jokingly....baby your still paying the full price, it just looks more attractive to see that low easy pay...smart guy...lol

Honored Contributor

Free shipping and fast delivery are what I want. I shop mostly on AMZ. Easy pays are attractive tho, have to admit, but all those EP's can add up in a month and they can kick you in the caboose. Will be paying off those dang things I have from Xmas time--then NO MORE !!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Easy Pay Enticement?

[ Edited ]

I would rather see the prices reduced substantially.  And you are really taken for a ride when you return something (they really need to refund the original s&h and tax - i.e., the complete cost of the item - what you paid for the item).. 

They are going to get every dime they can out of you....  And their quality has gone way, way downhill.  I don't order nearly as much as I used to, knowing that I may have to return some items...

Most places nowadays provide free s&h (BBB, Williams Somoma, Lenox, King Arthur Flour, Walmart, Amazon, etc.).  And these clowns have gone up on their s&h....  

Forgot to mention, I returned a blanket and got a $.07 refund..  Can you believe it?????????  Seven whole cents....

It cost me $6.95 + $5.50 ($12.45) to get that seven cent refund.  $6.95 for their return label and $5.50 original s&h...

No more spending at QVC, especially for nothing...   I have nothing for that $12.45 I spent......

Contributor

@Skididdy  You've "smartened up" too.  Now we just have to follow what our head tells us.  Smiley Very Happy

Contributor

@KatieB  Yes I agree.  The actual pricing needs to change substantially on items to entice me now.  They are just "things" after all.  I prefer not to feel used.

Heck, forget even the $5-$10 mark downs for TSV's or Featured or whatever.  I have noticed that regular prices even changed just 50 cents upwards on some items -- ie $51 item went up to $51.50 on my Wish List.  It doesn't seem much but multiply that by the number of items sold in any hour/day/week/month and it tells you how they are angling every bit of $ they can profit off us.  

No problem for those who don't care but I prefer to have my eyes wide open & choose intelligently about purchases from now on.  

Contributor

Easy Pay.   If you noticed, after Christmas, everything was on a 6 easy pay but most prices were not reduced.   Every couple of items was a reduced price but not all.

The only Christmas Sale that was offered was the 6 easy pay.  Prices were mostly the same.

Shame on QVC.

Honored Contributor

I've never used easy pay and likely never wlll.  If I can't pay it all at once, I don't buy it.  Just my way of shopping.

Contributor

QVC is out of hand.  They play with the customers now a days and offer large easy pays so it seems you are getting a bargain but the item is the full price no reduction and do not get me started on the fraud with the returns and what it costs.

They are making money on returns off their own customers.   Now we have the same problemes with HSN.   Notice the QVC vendors are appearing on HSN because they are now one and the same.

Sorry their are other shows who offer their customers a lot more bargains than QVC.

QVC should be ashamed but they are not, they are only interested in profit not quality, and customer service is not the same and some of the Hosts are questionable.

Have you seen the Food Show with David when they have a Host and some guests sitting and eating the food.  Do they really think anyone is going to say No this does not taste good.  It is a joke.  JB sits there and eats and pretends how wonderful everything is.  Until it gets home and it is stale or crumbly. 

No food from QVC.