Respected Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I've never used easy pay and likely never wlll.  If I can't pay it all at once, I don't buy it.  Just my way of shopping.

Me too. Easy pay just allows the debt to be spread out over a longer period of time. It allows some who are almost maxed out with credit cards to keep spending.

It psychologically fools buyers——-and that is the point

Caveat  Emptor.

Honored Contributor

At one time EP was an enticement, but it no longer is. First, there has to be something offered that I want. QVC relies on the same old brands and merchandise, so there's rarely much I see here of interest. More importantly, the price, including shipping, has to be right and as often as not the same or similar items can be found elsewhere for less. I used to purchase a good bit from QVC but over the past several years, my purchases here have become very much the exception rather than the rule. I don't anticipate that will change.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I don't even buy green bananas anymore, so why would I want to fall for six Easy Pays?    There might be a time when I would like two Easy Pays (not sure when), but five or six is just plain foolish.

As someone else said, they add up and come back to bite you.  I just don't buy it if I can't pay for it.  However . . . apparently the notion of Easy Pays must appeal to many, or they wouldn't keep on offering it as an alternative to price and/or S&H reductions.

Honored Contributor

Not an enticement for me at all. It’s an invitation to incur debt and that’s not something I’m interested in. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Contributor

@bdoby  Absolutely agree.  Noticed that even Clearance Prices were minimal & higher than when they were new or featured items.  Eye wide open.

Contributor

@bdoby  QVC is making money off the returns.  Exellent point & very true.   

Honored Contributor

Since I have a QVC card, I always have at least 3 Easy Pays as an option. That doesn't do it for me; I want FREE shipping. So, I place the items I want in my Wish List and wait. When Free Shipping pops up, I move it all to my cart and use whatever Easy Pay (3,5,6...) to purchase.

I prefer to do this because if the item is defective or is lost (which happens quite often where I am), I've only been charged a small amount. If the item arrives and all is well, I then charge the balance onto the QVC card and then pay of the QVC card balance at the end of the month. I don't like mixing my other bank cards with home shopping purchases because of the length of time it takes to be credited and common mistake of not crediting the correct amount. Keeping things separate was the reason I have a QVC card and no complaints.

Trusted Contributor

Not an enticement for me-rarely do I use EP.

Honored Contributor

I have no problems with QVC prices, in fact I shop here because of the prices which are affordable for me and in many cases less than what I would pay in a brick and mortar store or elsewhere online.  Easy Pay offers don't entice me unless it's for a high ticket item like a laptop or a tv.  Which I won't be buying anytime soon.  Many years ago when I was young and foolish and had young children and did not have the income I have now, I did fall into the EP trap.  It's not a good place to be in when your EP's get out of control, it's an awful feeling.  I learned my lesson.

Respected Contributor

Re: Easy Pay Enticement?

[ Edited ]

Nope...but it can come in handy when purchasing big ticket items or more than one of an item. I have to say I use both "pay in full" and "easy pay" depending on the item.  Some items I know that I want and have researched so I pay full price while other items that I am not sure of or the item is a big ticket item I will use easy pay.  That way when I return something I just don't like, I have not invested full price and will not get mad when I paid $50 for an item and see a refund amount that is less...LOL might be a psychological thing because when I use the easy pay and return the same applies.

SN: You can always go back and check prices to ensure something you have purchased has not dropped in price within the last 30 days and get a price guarantee if the item has decreased in price. I do it all the time and save a lot of money.