Trusted Contributor

Anyone getting togwther with family for Easter?  My children and grandkids have decided to practice social distancing and not do Easter together, so I will be alone this Easter with my furbaby.

Honored Contributor

No, we aren't.  My grands are older, church is online streaming.  I will do that.  Time to reflect.  

Honored Contributor

Nothing planned here.  Family will stay in their homes and stay safe.  

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

We made the decision to continue to stay apart so I'll be spending Easter with my sassysweet cat.

Honored Contributor

@Calcgirl wrote:

Anyone getting togwther with family for Easter?

I can't imagine anyone would even think of doing so.

Super Contributor

We were supposed to be hosting the family Easter dinner but decided to postpone/cancel it about a week ago. Too many people of all ages.

Honored Contributor

No, we are all practicing social distancing.   

Trusted Contributor

We will continue to stay at home, but my husband was able to get into Costco last weekend and he picked up some necessities for our parents.  We will all go for a ride in the car to drop everything off at their doorsteps. The kids and I will get out and wave/chat from across the lawn for a few minutes.  We'll be much further apart than 6 feet, which is fine with me.  The kids are missing their grandparents and since there is no end in sight to this, I am hoping this will help them a bit.

I am very fortunate to have done my Easter basket shopping for the girls right before this happened, so the Easter Bunny will thankfully make it to my house (the girls have been worried about that).  They will get to have their plastic egg hunt (I'm not using real eggs this year) and I will make lasagna for dinner. 

Although it will be quite different from the way we usually spend Easter, I'm still hoping it will be a nice day for my children. I am sick with worry over everything that is going on here (I'm on Long Island) and I'm frightened for my parents (my stepfather is a Vietnam Veteran with Parkinson's and COPD), but I'm trying my best to protect my little ones from the true severity of this.  They already know what it going on, but thankfully they don't realize that their own grandparents are at such high risk.  They have been taken out of school and they are missing their teachers and friends.  They are both celebrating their birthdays under quarantine and their parties have been cancelled. School dances, fields trips, recitals, plays, special events, and holidays are all cancelled.  We are trying our best, but I would like them to have one day of "normal" on Easter Sunday.  Whatever normal means right now.

I hope everyone is safe, healthy, and enjoys the holiday no matter how you are spending it.

Respected Contributor

Was going to go out with my sister, now we will both be in our homes with our cats.

Respected Contributor

Glad to see everyone is keeping to themselves. We don't want to see a spike after the holiday.