Respected Contributor

Just me and my wacky cat, Al.  I've been working from home since 3/18, and I hate it.  Never thought I'd be dying to go back to work.  My only relatives are my younger sis and BIL.  He called earlier this week saying he was going to send my sister over with a food care package on Sunday to drop off.  That was very nice of them, but, but as he said, He just wanted to get away from my sister for awhile!  I declined the offer, but thanked them, of course.  He is very family oriented, where I'm more independent.  Even so, I really miss my social interactions at work and the gym!

Laura loves cats!
Respected Contributor

Easter's coming and as someone reminded me with the poem they shared, it's not about spaces.

....It came without bonnets, it came without bunnies

It came without egg hunts, cantatas, or money

Then the world thought of something it hadn’t before

“Maybe Easter,” it thought, “doesn’t come from a store"

"Maybe Easter, perhaps, means a little bit more"...

You can find the rest online..

How the Virus Stole Easter   

By Kristi Bothur

With a nod to Dr. Seuss

Honored Contributor

Beautifully on point, @MorningLover !

Respected Contributor

I would normally go to the Easter Vigil Mass, and have dinner at the home of one of my siblings.  This year it will be tv Mass and all of us dining in our own homes.

My county health department issued a notice that this is NOT a time for family to gather for dinner....celebrations "in person" should only be with those you share your home with.  Sadly, there are those who feel they are somehow special and "low risk" (no such thing)...and they will ignore this, with a very real potential of further spreading the virus.  Though I'm guessing these won't be intended to be acts of selfishness...in truth, those ARE selfish decisions.

Much as I would like it to be different...it's NOT.  I will fix a nice dinner for myself at my own home and use the phone and FaceTime to visit with my children, grandchildren, and siblings.

May you all have a peaceful, blessed and safe Easter. 

Honored Contributor

I'm glad people are being safe. No extended family Easter brunch here either.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Esteemed Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I would hope that no one would be eating with anyone who does not physically live with them, in the same dwelling.  Easter or otherwise.

Sadly, there are still people who think they can do what they want.  They either don't understand the reasoning or they don't care.  They rationalize and they excuse, and the result is that they're putting themselves, their loved ones, their neighbors, friends, and strangers all at risk.

I've been completely alone for 4 weeks now, and I would give anything to hug my kids (or even see them).  But I can't, and that's the way it is.  None of us even considered making any kind of exception.  It's not worth it.

Esteemed Contributor

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

This will be the first time of just DH and the children. We've always had friends and other family join us. This stinks. Smiley Sad

I envy you.  It's not what you would have chosen of course, but you're still surrounded by family now and will have them with you for Easter.  Not everyone has that.  Many of us are separated from children, family, and friends and are going thru all of this - every day - completely on our own.

Respected Contributor

I just love how everyone is thinking about their parents and grandparents, dropping off food, etc!

Respected Contributor

@songbird wrote:

Sassysweet cats are sometimes  better then a whole parcel of relatives....

Whadda ya mean sometimes???

Respected Contributor

@NYC Susan wrote:

@FiddleDeeDee wrote:

This will be the first time of just DH and the children. We've always had friends and other family join us. This stinks. Smiley Sad

I envy you.  It's not what you would have chosen of course, but you're still surrounded by family now and will have them with you for Easter.  Not everyone has that.  Many of us are separated from family and friends and are going thru all of this - every day - completely on our own.

@NYC Susan I am on my own, also.  Not even a pet for company.   But I couldn't risk the possibility of passing or picking up this horrible virus.