Respected Contributor

Re: Drinking Raw Milk While Pregnant

[ Edited ]

@sidsmom wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@italia8140 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Funny how everyone's a-twitter over the 'raw' aspect.

The bigger issue is...no adult human should be drinking animal milk.

Period.

There are different ways to obtain your calcium needs.  

Blood, pus, antibiotics....those are just a few of the things in animal milk.

Drinking milk from another species is just an amazing generational marketing scheme from The Dairy Council. 

Milk doesn't do a body good...raw or not. 

WRONG.

Wrong? .......   based on what?    

We're the only mammal on the planet that drinks another mammal species' milk ..... and drinks it past infancy.   There's a reason so many people just can't tolerate dairy.

@Tinkrbl44

And there's evidence mounting which links bovine antibodies to early-onset Type 1 diabetes.  

Can't imagine how a parent could continue to give cow's milk to their children knowing this information.   Knowingly giving your child that burden of T1 diabetes & all the complications because of it...wow. 

I want a source for this. And by that I mean a recent source backed by science.

From what I've read, and it's been limited, this is still a theory and it also includes hydrolyzed infant formulas along with milk as being potential culprits among those with a genetic predisposition. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

Op, This would not something I would do.  What does your daughter think about this?

Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Period.

Blood, pus, antibiotics....those are just a few of the things in animal Drinking milk from another species is just an amazing generational marketing scheme from The Dairy Council. 

@sidsmom    Sometimes your advice makes a lot of sense but way out in left field with this one.   Milk is the best source of calcium.   Period.   I don't know where people come up with this kind of advice. 

EXCELLENT POST! You're correct. She's wrong.

Esteemed Contributor

Proud milk drinker here! I even LOVE goat's milk! Yummy!

My favorite brand of cows milk is Fair Life.

I like to get my goat's milk from my local co-op.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Period.

Blood, pus, antibiotics....those are just a few of the things in animal Drinking milk from another species is just an amazing generational marketing scheme from The Dairy Council. 

@sidsmom    Sometimes your advice makes a lot of sense but way out in left field with this one.   Milk is the best source of calcium.   Period.   I don't know where people come up with this kind of advice. 

Milk is not the best source of calcium

Leafy greens, fruit, beans, and seafood contain calcium. 

We'd really be a lot healthier if people consumed less animal milk products.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

When i was little they thought I may be allergic to cow's milk so they told my parents to use goat's milk. Being we lived on a farm my dad went and got a goat. My oldest brother would have to milk her and she was obnoxious - she would bite him and butt him and kick him all the time. He hated her. Turned out I wasn't allergic to cow's milk but we kept that goat anyway. My brother named her Satan.

Valued Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Mine, too. It's the BEST, IMO!

Honored Contributor

@brii wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Period.

Milk is not the best source of calcium

Leafy greens, fruit, beans, and seafood contain calcium. 

We'd really be a lot healthier if people consumed less animal milk products.

While other foods do have calcium they are lacking in the vitamin D and the fat molecule necessary for our body to store calcium. Milk has the calcium and the vit d and the fat molecule, all of which are a necessity to our body. People tend to get way overboard on this low fat = there is a certain amount of fats needed by our body same as there is a certain amount of carbs and proteins.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Period.

@sidsmom    **Sometimes your advice makes a lot of sense but way out in left field with this one.   Milk is the best source of calcium.   Period.   I don't know where people come up with this kind of advice. 

@Kachina624

**Thanks!

Cultures around the world rely on plant-based sources for their nutritional needs....up and including calcium.    

There are too many studies to back this up.  I'm surprised in this day/age people still have this antiquated 'animals are best' mentality.    Lots and lots of plant-based studies.   

Where do we get this information?

The Gold Standard of plant-based research is The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell.  He has spent decades studying the benefits of eating a plant-based diet.  But again, there are TONS of resources backing up the benefits of a plant-based diet.

Dark leafy greens & legumes are the best sources of calcium.  

Pssst:

Where do you think cows get THEIR calcium to grow strong bones?  

Greens! 😀

Respected Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Period.

@sidsmom    **Sometimes your advice makes a lot of sense but way out in left field with this one.   Milk is the best source of calcium.   Period.   I don't know where people come up with this kind of advice. 

@Kachina624

**Thanks!

Cultures around the world rely on plant-based sources for their nutritional needs....up and including calcium.    

There are too many studies to back this up.  I'm surprised in this day/age people still have this antiquated 'animals are best' mentality.    Lots and lots of plant-based studies.   

Where do we get this information?

The Gold Standard of plant-based research is The China Study by Dr. T. Colin Campbell.  He has spent decades studying the benefits of eating a plant-based diet.  But again, there are TONS of resources backing up the benefits of a plant-based diet.

Dark leafy greens & legumes are the best sources of calcium.  

Pssst:

Where do you think cows get THEIR calcium to grow strong bones?  

Greens! 😀

I really don't mean to be a smarty pants but this post is why people should never ever take medical advice from a message board. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____