Esteemed Contributor

Yes to clarify and give all the info  @Carmie  post is  the rest of the  story  that I heard on the news

To me Tip or no Tip,  cash or App- that was a veiled threat by the Door Dash driver to sabotage the persons food 

Also all those places that want the tip in cash , so it doesn't get reported as income  or acccurately as income.

Well everyone  should pay their fair share of taxes on what they earn .

Honored Contributor

Re: Door Dash Driver

[ Edited ]

I don't use those services, but there are those who depend upon them. It's not an easy job and can be unsafe.

For that reason, the tip should be quite generous, at least 40%.

Honored Contributor

i generally prefer to tip in cash, especially at restaurants we frequent.

perhaps these apps should add a line for a tip AND a line that says tip provided at the door or tip provided once delivered?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Regular Contributor

I cannot believe anyone uses doordash.  I have seen them delivering food and taking it out of the disgusting trunks of  their cars.  Also, pulling food out of the bag and eating it before they delivered it.

Esteemed Contributor

How abt Door Dash pay their drivers atleast minimum wage  and pay miles they drive.

Why some companies are allowed  to skip paying minimum wage  to employees  should not stand  but as long as people decide they will work  for  "Tips "  then it will continue.

Esteemed Contributor
I have never ordered from any of these delivery services because I am afraid they will open the food and do something to it .. I don't trust anybody anymore.. the world has changed too much.. so sad😥
Honored Contributor

I always tip in cash!

Happy sunday - Free animated GIF - PicMix

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

I read about that incident a few days ago.  The lady did not tip through the app.  She prefered to give a cash tip in person.

The driver opened her bag of food and put the note  inside.  When she delivered, the lady handed her a cash tip which the driver refused to take.

How embrassing was that for her?  The lady asked why the tip was being refused and the driver told her about the note she left in the bag  and left in a hurry.

The lady reported the driver.

This article was reported by the woman with only her side of the story as she reports it.  The Door Dash driver should have been give the same opportunity to have his/her side told as to what happened and then printed.   Remember, there are always two sides to a story.  

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Honored Contributor

I don't believe everything I read and I don't believe this. I'm not doubting you.  I believe you read or heard this somewhere but I think it's urban legend silliness.  I use Door dash, Uber eats etc frequently.  My bags are on secured. Stapled or heat sealed plastic.  The drivers can't get into them.  Second Door dash would immediately terminate that guy if she contacted cs. They have excellent cs.  The customer is always right with them and that has written proof.  My nephew drives for Instacart part-time and he says about 50% of customers either don't tip or under tip.  Meaning they just give  $1 ot 2.  He doesn't mind because the other half gives 15 or 20 % so it all averages out.  He makes his money.  None of the drivers care about a single customer who stiffs them on the tip.  

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

I read about that incident a few days ago.  The lady did not tip through the app.  She prefered to give a cash tip in person.

The driver opened her bag of food and put the note  inside.  When she delivered, the lady handed her a cash tip which the driver refused to take.

How embrassing was that for her?  The lady asked why the tip was being refused and the driver told her about the note she left in the bag  and left in a hurry.

The lady reported the driver.

This article was reported by the woman with only her side of the story as she reports it.  The Door Dash driver should have been give the same opportunity to have his/her side told as to what happened and then printed.   Remember, there are always two sides to a story.  

@ciao_bella  There is a video of the incident and the customer clearly tried to give a tip to the driver. The driver clearly stated her reason for declining the tip is in the note, which she put in the bag of food.

The issue is the driver opened the bag to insert the note which basically was a threat.

I watched the video and there is only one clear side.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh