Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dole Fresh Spinach Recall

Thanks for the heads-up.  I did see the warning on TV.  And lo and behold, I had a bag of Dole spinach in the fridge.  Didn't bother to check numbers - in the trash it went.  That's what we get for eating healthy - I never see chocolate being recalled.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Thanks for the heads-up.  I did see the warning on TV.  And lo and behold, I had a bag of Dole spinach in the fridge.  Didn't bother to check numbers - in the trash it went.  That's what we get for eating healthy - I never see chocolate being recalled.

Great point, @PamfromCT!  Your comment really did make me laugh out loud!

Thanks for the thread, @Marp.  This is the first notice I've seen.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I'm safe.  I don't eat spinich, I wouldn't touch the stuff with a 10 foot pole.

Esteemed Contributor

Now it's granny smith apples.

http://ow.ly/TrKyr

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

Just out of curiosity, I Googled "chocolate recall" & was surprised to find several instances.

I'm glad there are safeguards in place, but getting frustrated hearing about these recalls of fresh produce.  Since I only have myself to feed, I have to consume or use fresh produce pretty quickly so it doesn't go bad.  I didn't have any of this product this time, but when I do buy it, I use it up within a couple of days.  Sure hope I never get sick from trying to eat healthy.

Thanks for posting!  I did hear about it on my local news.