Regular Contributor

Has Anyone Noticed the Message About Returns Being Processed Late?

I was wondering where my return was so I went into my account and at the top of the page there's a message from the Q about returns and their processing being late.

It gives no explanation why but I'm wondering whey? I've noticed a lot of mistakes with customer service lately maybe the Q has cut back on the help!

My return was shorted money because CS stated they deducted $6.95 for using the Q label, the only problem was I didi NOT use the Q label. So watch your statements people, just sayin!!Smiley Frustrated

Honored Contributor

Re: Has Anyone Noticed the Message About Returns Being Processed Late?

not sure if this is one of the reasons, but the jewelry returns go to south carolina. maybe because of all of the bad weather  and flooding they have had has put them behind in the returns process?

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I buy less and less from the Q because of the cost of returns and the  possibility that the returns might be lost or just plain understated.  I do look to see what is offered.  I wait.  Review my choices and often just go to Amazon to make the  purchase.  Never a problem with them.  No shipping costs.  Actually I really have only returned something once with them.  Wrong item sent.   I will add that I am not talking about clothing, just electronics and gadgets.  Clothing I go to the Blair family (catalogues) or Walmart.

Honored Contributor

No cost if you spend enough at Amazon or you pay $100 up front.  Either way, it's a cost as far as I'm concerned because I don't give a tin nicket for streaming or music and if I have to spend an extra $22 to get to a $35 for "free" shipping, it's not free - it just cost me $22 for something I could have avoided buying.  But, it works for me --I just avoid buying what I might have in the first place!

I do buy a few items from QVC, but most of them are beauty care items -  Purity, Wen, etc. and the new $3 shipping is way better than anything Amazon does for a shopper like me.  The "A" works best for people who buy often and buy lots of heavy stuff.  That's not me.

Honored Contributor

Lots of SC is still flooded, so even if the warehouse isn't, the roads to get to it might well be.

As of yesterday there was even a small section of I95 still on detour - I can't even imagine the horror of living there.  Getting a return credited is a small concern compared to what the hundreds whose whole lives collapsed are suffering. 

Patience, folks, patience please.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, that message seems to be gone. I'm so fed up with their ineffectual returns program. I dropped off a pre-paid package at the post office on 10/5 and it's still not to the Q; the last "update" had it shipped from CA to NV and that was on 10/8.

QVC is one of the biggest players in the ecommerce arena, but they just can't figure this one out; and I'm tired of being so frustrated.

It's pretty easy to take my $$ elsewhere, which is what I'm doing.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

I've not had any problems with QVC and I really don't know why but it has been awhile since I ordered anything or even watched any of the programing.  I might flip it over and see a few minutes here and there but that's it.  And because I'm not watching, I'm not buying.    

Honored Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

Well, that message seems to be gone. I'm so fed up with their ineffectual returns program. I dropped off a pre-paid package at the post office on 10/5 and it's still not to the Q; the last "update" had it shipped from CA to NV and that was on 10/8.

QVC is one of the biggest players in the ecommerce arena, but they just can't figure this one out; and I'm tired of being so frustrated.

It's pretty easy to take my $$ elsewhere, which is what I'm doing.

The unfortunate reality @gardensla is that they probably could figure it out if they wanted to. They seem to assume we're some sort of captive audience so they can do or not do what they please. It appears some are so wedded to the Q that their assessment, in some cases, is probably accurate. As for the rest of us, I'd guess we'll be increasingly moving on down the road.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

i am still seeing the message:

https://images.qvc.com/is/image/pic/hp/BannerStatus_ReturnsDelay_20151008.jpg?qlt=95,1

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

No cost if you spend enough at Amazon or you pay $100 up front.  Either way, it's a cost as far as I'm concerned because I don't give a tin nicket for streaming or music and if I have to spend an extra $22 to get to a $35 for "free" shipping, it's not free - it just cost me $22 for something I could have avoided buying.  But, it works for me --I just avoid buying what I might have in the first place!

I do buy a few items from QVC, but most of them are beauty care items -  Purity, Wen, etc. and the new $3 shipping is way better than anything Amazon does for a shopper like me.  The "A" works best for people who buy often and buy lots of heavy stuff.  That's not me.

Agreed, it makes little sense for anyone to inflate an order with things they don't want, need or wouldn't otherwise buy just to get free shipping. Of course, it works quite well when one's order does meet the requirement anyway... Free is always better than an added cost and I'd note that not all QVC merchandise ships at three dollars.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...