Esteemed Contributor

Monterey, California – October 13, 2015– Dole Fresh Vegetables is voluntarily recalling a limited number of cases of bagged salad. The product being recalled is Dole Spinach coded A27409B & A27409A, with an Enjoy By date of October 15 and UPC 7143000976 due to a possible health risk from Salmonella. Dole Fresh Vegetables is coordinating closely with regulatory officials.  No illnesses have been reported in association with the recall.

The product code and Enjoy By date are in the upper right-hand corner of the package; the UPC code is on the back of the package, below the barcode. The salads were distributed in 13 U.S. states (Connecticut, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Wisconsin).

No illnesses have been reported in association with the recall. This precautionary recall notification is being issued due to an isolated instance in which a sample of Dole Spinach salad yielded a positive result for Salmonella in a random sample test conducted by the Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development; Laboratory Division.

More:  https://www.dole.com/Company-Info/Press-Releases/Press-Release-20151013

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Dole Fresh Spinach Recall

Thanks Marp/  I don't have any in the house but I usually do because i add it to my smoothies.. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

Thank you Marp for the info.

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

Glad my posting this is appreciated.  Our local TV didn't even mention the recall.  I heard about it on ABC news but it was nothing more than a blurb.

There are so many posters on this board with compromised immune systems and illnesses that could be adversely affected I wanted to get the word out.

Esteemed Contributor

@Marp

I love to put spinach in the nutri bullet with fruit.  In fact I only like my spinach raw, not cooked. 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Esteemed Contributor

My favorite way to have spinach is any way but from a can.  I can't resist snacking of fresh, raw spinach but wilted or even cooked down is okay with me.

Honored Contributor

Thank you!

I love spinach- I always add some to my smoothies or just wilt it with a bit of olive oil and garlic. Or just eat a spinach salad. I usually buy mine from Costco though- always a big tub of organic.

Honored Contributor

thanks @Marp

just ate a spinach omelet recently........not sure if it was dole though.

i appreciate the heads up.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Monterey, California – October 13, 2015– Dole Fresh Vegetables is voluntarily recalling a limited number of cases of bagged salad. The product being recalled is Dole Spinach coded A27409B & A27409A, with an Enjoy By date of October 15 and UPC 7143000976 due to a possible health risk from Salmonella. Dole Fresh Vegetables is coordinating closely with regulatory officials.  No illnesses have been reported in association with the recall.

The product code and Enjoy By date are in the upper right-hand corner of the package; the UPC code is on the back of the package, below the barcode. The salads were distributed in 13 U.S. states (Connecticut, Indiana, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Wisconsin).

No illnesses have been reported in association with the recall. This precautionary recall notification is being issued due to an isolated instance in which a sample of Dole Spinach salad yielded a positive result for Salmonella in a random sample test conducted by the Michigan Department of Agriculture & Rural Development; Laboratory Division.

More:  https://www.dole.com/Company-Info/Press-Releases/Press-Release-20151013

I never buy DOLE-their bagged salads are often wet. Yuk. I always buy organic in this section.

Honored Contributor

Good to know, and thanks!

It seems I used to hear all the food related recalls on the news, but lately I've missed most of them. I must not have the news on as much lately or something, so I'm glad those here have my back!