Respected Contributor

Re: Does this Christmas marathon ever end?

I'll take CIJ over a day of mattresses, computers or vacuum cleaners. 

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Respected Contributor

i have over 300 channels on my television.  perhaps you want to stay away from Hallmark right now because it is Christmas in July there too.  just sayin'

Honored Contributor

@ms traditional wrote:

i have over 300 channels on my television.  perhaps you want to stay away from Hallmark right now because it is Christmas in July there too.  just sayin'

Yeah, i noticed that ,this week, what is going on with that? I do not watch the qvc christmas shows in july, but every time i log on i see all the christmas stuff being sold.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Frequent Contributor

Loving the summer weather right now despite the high humidity and all that goes along with this time of year.  The holidays, snow, Christmas trees, etc.,  are the farthest thing from my mind right now.  I enjoy the beach, beautiful warm nights gathering with friends, picnics and so on.  I don't watch CIJ until those shows are over.  I am just not in the Christmas mode at this time of year.   

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Everytime I switch on QVC all there is is CIJ. What is going on? Why don't they just have a CIJ channel for all Christmas instead of making QVC into the Christmas channel. Too much!!!

I think it would be smart of them to use their QVC plus channel to put on various other types of programming so those that are not interested could purchase something other than Christmas merchandise.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It won't end until December 24.   I wonder if the hosts get sick of looking at Christmas trees since the sets are decorated 6 months out of the year.  

Honored Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Just be patient until midnight when Q returns with a full day of fashion followed by a day with about 14 hours of mostly fashion and jewelry, followed by a day with about 7 hours of mostly fashion and jewelry, followed by about 8 hours of jewelry and fashion.

In other words, Q will soon return to being the fashion, beauty, jewelry channel.

not soon enough....

Honored Contributor

@GCR18 wrote:

It's a Christmas in July weekend.  It has been advertised on QVC for weeks and  also in the program guide.

They do it every year, so no surprise there either. 

The fashion gets this kind of schedule many times each year, and so does beauty and jewelry. I don't understand why people complain so much about the Christmas. 

I get is that some people don't like an all day or all weekend event of any kind, but you all get yours, and we get ours and lets just be adult enough to do something else when the event that is on doesn't interest us.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Everytime I switch on QVC all there is is CIJ. What is going on? Why don't they just have a CIJ channel for all Christmas instead of making QVC into the Christmas channel. Too much!!!

I think it would be smart of them to use their QVC plus channel to put on various other types of programming so those that are not interested could purchase something other than Christmas merchandise.

@Trinity11

I've said this same thing since they started Q Plus.

When one channel has fashion, shoes, handbags beauty, jewelry running, the other one should have kitchen/home/holiday/garden airing there.

It does get frustrating when you check both channels and they both are running the same type of programming. In my opinion not good utilization of the time.

Respected Contributor

Why end it when it gives some folks so much pleasure to whine about it!!??!!

There are lots of day long events that I dislike and I know many others dislike as they mention it in passing on other threads (especially on threads like this!)....we don't start threads complaining about sales events that we don't like.  We just don't watch!