Honored Contributor

Re: Does this Christmas marathon ever end?

Does the complaining marathon about Christmas in July ever end?

14 more days left - get the threads going while there is still time!

ROTFL!

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Respected Contributor

All I can think about is the heat index (100 degrees+) and AC temp in the house.

Trusted Contributor

I'm so over CIJ this year.  Not in the mood, have no interest in it at all.  And from what I've seen in the photos, commercials, and clicking through, it looks like old merchandise.  Getting ready to lounge in my backyard with a book and a tall glass of iced tea.  Smiley Very Happy   

Esteemed Contributor

@walkingal wrote:

I'm so over CIJ this year.  Not in the mood, have no interest in it at all.  And from what I've seen in the photos, commercials, and clicking through, it looks like old merchandise.  Getting ready to lounge in my backyard with a book and a tall glass of iced tea.  Smiley Very Happy   

It probably IS old merchandise.

Probably doing the same thing b&m stores do --- trying to clear out inventory from last Christmas.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Cakers3 wrote:

Does the complaining marathon about Christmas in July ever end?

14 more days left - get the threads going while there is still time!

ROTFL!

Nope, because there will be Christmas in August, September, October, then when it should be in November and December.

Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

Just be patient until midnight when Q returns with a full day of fashion followed by a day with about 14 hours of mostly fashion and jewelry, followed by a day with about 7 hours of mostly fashion and jewelry, followed by about 8 hours of jewelry and fashion.

In other words, Q will soon return to being the fashion, beauty, jewelry channel.

Yay!  That's the stuff I like!    Woman LOL

OP, there is a big, interesting world of cable channels out there.  Maybe you should do some exploring or better yet read a book.  That's my plan this afternoon.

Such angst over a shopping channel's program line up just isn't good for your health

~Enough is enough~
Honored Contributor

It's not CIJ per se I have issues with, it's the fact that they have old, dull, boring merchandise to sell for their CIJ - and on up to Xmas, and they push it three times as much as HSN, who also does some (with the key word being SOME) CIJ.

I caught some of HSN's CIJ the other day and enjoyed watching it - it wasn't full of old, stale, blah merchandise I'd seen for the past 7 years.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

I like those all day CIJ shows. Save a Lot of money by not watching and thus, not buying anything.

Trusted Contributor

All you have to do to end this "marathon" is change the channel.

Try it.  It will probably make you a much happier person, and it will alleviate the need to go on the message boards and post never-ending complaints.

Valued Contributor

I see the CIJ now continues into the coming week.

What is up with this? 

Why has Christmas simply become buying stuff, and now it's being pushed on us starting in July???  

If we don't participate, maybe we could start getting back to the real meaning of this holiday which isn't about selling stuff