Esteemed Contributor

Does anyone have worse customer service then Verizon?

I cannot imagine anyone does.  I am finally getting around to changing utility bills from my deceased husband’sname To mine.  Every utility has wanted the request in writing with a copy of the death certificate.  No problem I can do that.  Now it’s time to change outinternet and home phone which is through Verizon.   Searched theVerizon web site and my most recent bill for a physical mailing address to send the request to.  Nope nowhere to be found.   No mailing address available except to send payment in.  Logged into Live Chat on their web site.  Filled in all,the information required and received a message “Live Chat Is currently unavailable”

Called their customer service number.  30 minutes wait time.  Used the ability to enter my phone number so they call me back rather than waiting on hold.   Been 90 minutes.  Still waiting for a return call.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone have worse customer service then Verizon?

Respected Contributor

This is a disgusting business model for customer service you are describing. I'm sorry you are having to deal with this just to do the right thing and during such a hard time. 

Do you have Twitter. Is a pretty powerful way to get their attention by posting a short description and including Verizon's twitter name. Companies jump on that usually.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I cannot imagine anyone does.  I am finally getting around to changing utility bills from my deceased husband’sname To mine.  Every utility has wanted the request in writing with a copy of the death certificate.  No problem I can do that.  Now it’s time to change outinternet and home phone which is through Verizon.   Searched theVerizon web site and my most recent bill for a physical mailing address to send the request to.  Nope nowhere to be found.   No mailing address available except to send payment in.  Logged into Live Chat on their web site.  Filled in all,the information required and received a message “Live Chat Is currently unavailable”

Called their customer service number.  30 minutes wait time.  Used the ability to enter my phone number so they call me back rather than waiting on hold.   Been 90 minutes.  Still waiting for a return call.

Has it occured to you that their system could be down?

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Trusted Contributor

So sorry you are going thru this aggravation at this time.

I swear, I think they may have "outdone" AT&T and Spectrum and I thought that was not possible.

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Super Contributor

I think Frontier has them all beat.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet Sorry you had that problem - and I hate to have to tell you that I spent hours (literally) with a widowed neighbor last year as she tried to get her AT&T accounts moved into her name.  We worked on the telephone, we even went into a local AT&T showroom, and nothing! 

I have no idea what the issue is with these companies, but I can tell you I feel your frustration.   With the situation I was involved in, I realized from something one of the phone reps said that the widow could just have left everything in her husband's name forever, BUT since she'd started the procedure (which none of them knew how to finish), she couldn't go backwards.  It was days until someone from her comnpany finally figured out what to do -  and quite frankly, it turned me off my AT&T.

Fortunately for me, I've had good CS from Verizon -  just never tried changing the name on my accounts, though, so I don't know that part of how they operate.  Sounds as if they're all alike!

I

Respected Contributor

I so hear ya!  Just moved and I was given a $250 gift card bc I am a new customer to their equivalent to triple play (landline, TV, wifi) plus I have cell thru them. Says I can use it toward a bill but I am on auto pay and to do that I had to go turn that tempararily off and it was so buried I couldn't find it.   

As far down buried as that info was - - - their phone number to call was even worse.  Luckily these days with speakerphone on I can go about my business until they pick up!  Do not even get me started on those customer service lines where they ask you to give a short verbal response of reason for your call - - I'll say "agent" or "representative" and never fails, it'll come back and say "so we see you are interested in (fill in the blank) which has nothing to do with what I stated and I'm hitting "0" for operator and screaming into the phone and it's still recorded and it hangs up or I get some guy in India I can't understand a word they are saying.  Customer service - these days - what's that?

Honored Contributor

Bad, yes.  But have you ever dealt with Comcast?

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Super Contributor

I did not change the name on utilities, etc., I saw no reason to do so.  I was advised not to take my DH's name off of bank accounts, etc., it would make it easier if there were checks to deposit.