Esteemed Contributor

Re: Does anyone have worse customer service then Verizon?

I've had pretty good service with Verizon.  The one exception was when the high speed overhead line that leads to the underground line, to our house, was brought down in an ice storm.  It didn't disrupt service but looked dangerous and could have been snagged by a truck if they had tried to use our drive.

It took longer than it should have to get that fixed (and the nice technician that climbed the pole and lassoed it up got it done in a few minutes - after several days' wait).  I put cones out by the downed line at the end of the driveway so as to prevent damage.

Very soon after Verizon crews came through and tightened up the lines.  Many in our neighborhood are still overhead.

Other than that the local Verizon crew in my neighborhood are very helpful.  And my over-the-phone experiences have been positive.

I've also needed an outside box replaced and they were great.  My service went out, and after diagnosing things over the phone, a tech came the next day and found the problem to be ants nesting in the box attached to the pole.

The billing department is, I guess, a different ball of wax.

Cogito ergo sum
Trusted Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I cannot imagine anyone does.  I am finally getting around to changing utility bills from my deceased husband’sname To mine.  Every utility has wanted the request in writing with a copy of the death certificate.  No problem I can do that.  Now it’s time to change outinternet and home phone which is through Verizon.   Searched theVerizon web site and my most recent bill for a physical mailing address to send the request to.  Nope nowhere to be found.   No mailing address available except to send payment in.  Logged into Live Chat on their web site.  Filled in all,the information required and received a message “Live Chat Is currently unavailable”

Called their customer service number.  30 minutes wait time.  Used the ability to enter my phone number so they call me back rather than waiting on hold.   Been 90 minutes.  Still waiting for a return call.

Try calling Verizon Customer Service (there is a phone number buried in about halfway down on the second page of the bill) and request a real person.  I tried to pay my bill through their automated system, which is very combersom, and frustraating, with no success.  However, once I was able to speak to a customer service person, they were polite and took care of my request immediately. Hope this helps.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

We were having a problem with one of the boxes, it kept rebooting itself.

After 2 weeks of them and their do this, do that, up the stairs, down the stairs, in the room, out of the room, I finally told them I was done doing their job and if they didn't someone out we would be cancelling and would go back to the cable company.

They then tried to tell me we would be responsible for a service charge if it was a problem on our end. 

They did send someone and it was their equipment that was faulty. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SydneyH wrote:

I still have them for cell service but dropped them for internet.  We had DSL for years, then all of a sudden, we couldn't get online on any device or stream our tv shows.  We dropped them and later found out that if they start seeing a high usage pattern they slow it down in an effort to push you into a more expensive plan.

Wow, that is shady.

Esteemed Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

We were having a problem with one of the boxes, it kept rebooting itself.

After 2 weeks of them and their do this, do that, up the stairs, down the stairs, in the room, out of the room, I finally told them I was done doing their job and if they didn't someone out we would be cancelling and would go back to the cable company.

They then tried to tell me we would be responsible for a service charge if it was a problem on our end. 

They did send someone and it was their equipment that was faulty. 

They do have that annoying service charge.  I called for service and they never showed up.  Luckily the problem corrected itself.

Honored Contributor

If anyone is with Verizon.............I would quickly find another company....first they sell part of their business to Frontier which provides horrible customer service.....now they are trying to get out of their email operation....And Verizon doesnt seem to give a darn about their customers at all.......RUN FROM THIS COMPANY!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

i find verizons service just aweful. consumer reports at one time allso rated them as the worst. they may still but not sure.my brother inlaw works for verizon and he even said there service is aweful.

Respected Contributor

We had an absolute nightmare with them when we changed over from Cox.  It took 6 months to get a working landline.  They kept telling us that the number was transferred and it never was - until magically we finally found someone who knew how to do it I guess.

That's why our cell service is with ATT&T.

However, having said that, when the neighbor cut the cable accidentally, they were out the next day and fixed it.

Then DH did the same thing in another spot, and again they were out right away to fix it.  And, unlike Cox, our cable is great - no problems when it rains as we had with Cox.

Internet works great too.  So I guess once we got our phone squared away, I'd have to say we are happy with their service.

Honored Contributor

@excpa wrote:

I think Frontier has them all beat.

Absolutely agree!!!!!

Respected Contributor

I don't like them either, but they are there pretty quickly if your land line goes down. They don't really seem to be invested in their DSL any moree, probbably because of their fiber optic service. when you call about problems yiu get someone overseas who is very polite but just delivers scripted answers without any true ability to help. I think Verizon is really cheating their customers out of a quality CS experience with the prices charged and the attitude toward those footing the bills.