Respected Contributor

Re: Does anyone have worse customer service then Verizon?

@KathyPetWhen I have a problem which is rare, I go to their store. I have found better help there and no waiting on the phone. I have had great service from Verizon.

Respected Contributor

no...I loathe calling them for any reason.

Honored Contributor

How about this-- l discontinued my cellphone service with them three months ago, but am still getting bills from them. I call them every month when the bill comes in, but the people l'm talking to are obviously clueless. We still have a Verizon landline, but that's about to change, lol.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@excpa wrote:

I think Frontier has them all beat.

Absolutely agree!!!!!

Gee I have Frontier and I love them.  I had Brighthouse for years and then Spectrum bought them out.  My bills were horrible.   Spectrum could not pay me to get their service again.   Everyone I Know  in this area is switching to Frontier.  Maybe it depends on the area you live? 

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@KathyPet Sorry you had that problem - and I hate to have to tell you that I spent hours (literally) with a widowed neighbor last year as she tried to get her AT&T accounts moved into her name.  We worked on the telephone, we even went into a local AT&T showroom, and nothing! 

I have no idea what the issue is with these companies, but I can tell you I feel your frustration.   With the situation I was involved in, I realized from something one of the phone reps said that the widow could just have left everything in her husband's name forever, BUT since she'd started the procedure (which none of them knew how to finish), she couldn't go backwards.  It was days until someone from her comnpany finally figured out what to do -  and quite frankly, it turned me off my AT&T.

Fortunately for me, I've had good CS from Verizon -  just never tried changing the name on my accounts, though, so I don't know that part of how they operate.  Sounds as if they're all alike!

@millieshops  My hubby passed a yr and a half ago.   I had no problems changing anything.   It took me about two weeks to change the house, the car, the bank accounts, all utilities to my name.   Some did want a copy of the death certificate, but I guess I was lucky I guess.  It is best to not leave in your hubby's name because by paying the bills you get good credit.   Good Luck.  I know it is a hard thing to do.  I had to do it as fast as I could because I could not move on till it was all done.   

Esteemed Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Bad, yes.  But have you ever dealt with Comcast?

Yes I have...horrid horrid "customer service"

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Esteemed Contributor

I am going to answer my question myself.  The answer is No.  No one has worse service.  To keep it short they have made a mess of a simple request to remove my deceased husband’s name and replace with mine.  After spending 45 minutes on hold this morning and finally reaching someone this idiot entered my request as “new service” .  They did a credit check on me.  I had to fax them a copy of my Drivers license which required me to drive to Staples since I do not have Fax capability on my home printer.  They told me they would call me once the credit check was done to complete the change.  No one called me.  I get a E mail saying my request for service is approved along with a estimate of the charges. They have raised my base rate for the monthly charge for my home phone by $30.00 a month and want to charge me a $30.00 fee for FIOS installation when I already have FIOS.  I finally called them back.  Another 50 minutes on hold this time.  Now I find out that William has screwed everything up by entering my request as “new service” rather than a change in billing name on existing service.  Now it is a mess.  The new rep has to make changes to get my basic monthly rate for home phone back to what it was and to remove the $30.00 FIOS Internet installation fee,  So far I have received a total of 8 e mails from them about this.  The latest one tells me that the battery I need for the Back up for the phone in case of power outage is on its way to me.  Of course I already have this battery since I already have service.  These people are idiots.  Absolute,  total idiots.

Respected Contributor

@BalletBabe  That is a good idea.  If your accounts are only in your husbands names, make sure you have your name added to the account while they are still alive (usually can be done with only a phone call), or are shown as an "authorized" person who can make changes.  

I would hate to have to come up with a death certificate to change an account.  I understand why companies would need this, but if you are already on the account, you can make any changes you like if they were to pass away or become ill, etc..

......You look like I need a drink.....
Esteemed Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

@BalletBabe  That is a good idea.  If your accounts are only in your husbands names, make sure you have your name added to the account while they are still alive (usually can be done with only a phone call), or are shown as an "authorized" person who can make changes.  

I would hate to have to come up with a death certificate to change an account.  I understand why companies would need this, but if you are already on the account, you can make any changes you like if they were to pass away or become ill, etc..

@CAcableGirl2and everyone else.  Remember this, the funeral home tries to talk you into getting , A lot of  Death Certificates and they charge like 10.00 a piece.  Do not buy more then 6 of them because you can copy them if you need more a lot cheaper.  Most places just need to see it.   The funeral homes try to get every penny out of you they can also.  If you have a joint account (checking)  leave it open for one year.  You need death certificate to show them and they will remove his name, but still have him on the account.  If you close it, they won't be able to put the checks through. I waited 1 yr and then closed that account and opened one at another bank.  There is so much to think about and things you learn the hard way.  

On top of all that , I had my neighbor stalking me for almost 2 months. 

Honored Contributor

@appm wrote:

@just bee wrote:

Bad, yes.  But have you ever dealt with Comcast?

Comcast - The very WORST customer service in the history of customer service.

I've never dealt with Comcast but TimeWarner Cable, now Spectrum, is absolutely horrendous. 

I've had Verizon for cell phones for years and years.  I've never had a problem with their CS.