Honored Contributor

Re: Does anyone have worse customer service then Verizon?

[ Edited ]

It seems that each bill (not 'V') has a sneaked in few extra dollars that weren't approved by the PUC.   I have to keep calling them; next bill is ok, then the next bill after that increases my internet price or adds in long distance charge (which I don't have), or something else like three-way calls, which I wouldn't even know how to do.   They all need to be regulated more, not less.   I guess it's the employees, fooling around with charges.  jmo, and not mentioning which company.  They could be reading..........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Respected Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Bad, yes.  But have you ever dealt with Comcast?

I've never dealt with Verizon - but Comcast is horrible.  I couldn't wait to get rid of them.  We had internet with Comcast a long time ago.  There was always some issue.  After months of calls with no resolution, they finally decided to send a service guy out.  He went outside to check something and never even came back.  Just vanished.  

Esteemed Contributor

It was 5 years ago last month that I lost my husband. Some things I changed into my name (examples are gas co. & cable/phone/internet) and some (a gasoline credit card & my electric bill for example) I haven't bothered and I don't plan to. I'm leaving well enough alone.

Super Contributor

@just bee wrote:

Bad, yes.  But have you ever dealt with Comcast?

Comcast - The very WORST customer service in the history of customer service.
Regular Contributor

Maybe wait till Monday.  It is a holiday - Veterans Day and it’s Saturday.  Maybe there’s reduced staff working today.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

(Not 'V'): Anyone here have to wait three months for 'approval' to reverse a charge for long distance service that you didn't have to begin with?  'There's always something'.........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple trust me, Verizon customer service is awful.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I would answer your question with a resounding NO.    I was at our local mall one day about 10 years ago and stopped at the Verizon kiosk.  They had some 'deal' going so I decided to give them a shot.   Did everything right there and they transmitted it to the new customer order dept. or some such place.

Set a time for installation at 9 am and DH stayed home to let them in.   He called me at work around noon and asked when they were supposed to come again?  9 am.  Day goes on and no Verizon.  

Next day I called .  I spoke with about 3 different people at different levels and locations and the last one said that maybe the guy at the mall didn't hit 'send' because he couldn't find an order for us.   

Now that was bad but the worst was that not one person I spoke to ever said "I'm so sorry, let me take care of that right now."   No, " I can have someone there in and hour."   No, 'what can we do to get your business and make up for this mixup."   Nothing . NOt one word of apology or trying to give them another chance.  Just bye bye.  

I wrote the CEO of Verizon a letter.   Guess he trains the people on the phone because I never heard a word from him either.

We stayed with Comcast.  We had NO issues with them at all anyway. Ever.  Best customer service we've had from anyone in the 15 years we've had them.  Except maybe AT&T.   I could do commercials for both companies!!  Love them.

I do think that many of these big companies customer service varies by geographic area.   A friend who had Comcast in another part of the country had nothing but trouble with them but the opposite is true for us.  

Sorry you had to deal with this.   So frustrating.   Verizon could give us the deal of the century and I"d say , NO THANKS.   

Honored Contributor

I still have them for cell service but dropped them for internet.  We had DSL for years, then all of a sudden, we couldn't get online on any device or stream our tv shows.  We dropped them and later found out that if they start seeing a high usage pattern they slow it down in an effort to push you into a more expensive plan.

Honored Contributor

Verizon is terrible customer service. half the time you get cs on the phone, you can't understand the broken english. 

when i have to work with verizon i let dh handle the speaking, i get so frustrated with verizon i begin to get agitated and that leads to yelling. 

In fact he had to call the other night. his remote went bad, wouldn't change his t.v. any longer. he must have gotten a good cs person, 3 seconds he was done and remote here within 1 day.

I do agree Frontier is bad, had to deal with them last april, that is a whole new story